ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Splitters  (Read 439 times)

Roger Talkov

Splitters
« on: July 13, 2021, 11:20:03 AM »

All,
We have an install at a club that will have FOH, a Monitor console and a broadcast/recording console. The recording console is next door in another building from the venue. We are running digital snakes for the PM3 Yamaha consoles (FOH and Monitor world) and a A&H Avantis for the broadcast/recording rig. We plan on doing an analog split back stage to feed all these stage boxes. Should we get a splitter with one direct out and two transformer isolated OR two direct outs with a lift and one transformer isolated. I think we can get away with one transformer split for the recording rig but I want to really vet this out since an extra transformer for each of 32 channels could add up. 

Thoughts on this? (please don't make this a DANTE/gain sharing conversation as the client was clear about everyone having their own head amps)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Splitters
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 12:06:44 PM »

All,
We have an install at a club that will have FOH, a Monitor console and a broadcast/recording console. The recording console is next door in another building from the venue. We are running digital snakes for the PM3 Yamaha consoles (FOH and Monitor world) and a A&H Avantis for the broadcast/recording rig. We plan on doing an analog split back stage to feed all these stage boxes. Should we get a splitter with one direct out and two transformer isolated OR two direct outs with a lift and one transformer isolated. I think we can get away with one transformer split for the recording rig but I want to really vet this out since an extra transformer for each of 32 channels could add up. 

Thoughts on this? (please don't make this a DANTE/gain sharing conversation as the client was clear about everyone having their own head amps)

If you can make the link to the Avantis via fiber you donít need any transformers. If it is non Ethernet Cat5 you should have one set of transformers for the A&H stage box, but you may still have issues with lightning isolation between the buildings. A fiber connection would be best.

Mac

Dave Pluke

• BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 03:33:39 PM »

... OR two direct outs with a lift and one transformer isolated.

This would get my vote, giving you more flexibility regarding which console provides phantom power.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 07:20:18 PM »

... OR two direct outs with a lift and one transformer isolated.
This would get my vote, giving you more flexibility regarding which console provides phantom power.

Dave
Same vote from me.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 07:20:18 PM ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.