ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gigging backpack Reccomendation  (Read 880 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Gigging backpack Reccomendation
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2021, 05:55:28 PM »

Any recommendations on bags that work well for my situation that you all have had experience with that is well organized and can hold some tools, cables, few mics and maybe a change of Sox and shirt? Would be a plus if it had a laptop space for the days I need to record.

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/travel/backpack/urban/u100

Holds 2 Macbook pro 15"
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
peter@bestaudio.com

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2021, 10:45:21 PM »

I used to live on the road (not touring but different profession) and I came to rely on my Tom Bihn bags - they're nearly indestructible, are laid out incredibly well, and have a ton of capacity/options. My very favorite was/is the "Brain Bag" - it has two compartments and can easily hold 2 MBP laptops and 3-4 tablets, plus other items. Pricier, but they'll last forever (mine is still looking/working great and it's 12 years old). Also made right here in the good 'ole US of A.

https://www.tombihn.com/products/brain-bag

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 10:24:23 PM »

Thanks in advance for your input
I own two Mountainsmith backpacks: the Borealis and the Divide.

The Borealis is a photography pack and the bottom half has movable soft-padded dividers to accommodate the odd-shaped boxes we tend to use. It has a spacious laptop sleeve, and you can remove the divider section to make it a larger daypack.

The Divide was a recent purchase to force myself to pack less since I'm doing more events with provided equipment. It's been doing an admirable job thus far.

One story about the Borealis: the strap broke on my version of the model shortly after they discontinued it. I just wanted to send it in for repair, but they sent me a NOS backpack - not a refurb, not a store demo unit, a brand-new pack.

Their warranty is for your lifetime, not the pack's, and they are super responsive.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Nate Zifra

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2021, 04:55:07 PM »

I have and highly recommend the D'Addario Backline Gear Transport Backpack. Can hold a lot of stuff, and can be organized in a way that you don't loose things at the bottom of the bag. 

https://www.daddario.com/products/accessories/backline-cases/backline-transport-pack/

My trusty ogio back pack is finally getting a little too torn up to bring to gigs. Had it about 6 or 7 years and it's been through a lot. I'm thinking about buying the same one new again, but I wanted to probe the community for their opinions. I do live sound mostly in club date wedding circuits, some live shows. This is my side gig so I end up mostly being A2 but do A1 from time to time and like to have plenty of tools and back up gear incase of that oh **** moment. Any recommendations on bags that work well for my situation that you all have had experience with that is well organized and can hold some tools, cables, few mics and maybe a change of Sox and shirt? Would be a plus if it had a laptop space for the days I need to record.

Thanks in advance for your input

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2021, 04:55:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.