Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

And another thing...

(1/1)

Tim McCulloch:
The height of the pandemic left me with reading time and one of the books I re-read was Tony Kern's "Blue Threat - To Err Is Inhuman".  From that, Blue Threat Proverb #9:

"It's hard to fight an enemy that has outposts in your head."

Dr. Kern explained in a presentation:  "Bad habits of thought are even more dangerous than had habits of behavior, as they continuously block objective thinking and form an almost impenetrable barrier to reflective accountability.  Learning to identify these negative thought patterns is not easy, but well worth the effort and will rapidly open vast new horizons to improvement."

Carry on.

Bob Faulkner:
Sounds like a good book.  Certainly something I will plan to read.

Nathan Riddle:
Space isn't the final frontier. The mind is.
I think it was Jung who came up with that idea.

Glen Kelley:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on July 11, 2021, 09:46:53 PM ---The height of the pandemic left me with reading time and one of the books I re-read was Tony Kern's "Blue Threat - To Err Is Inhuman".

Carry on.

--- End quote ---

This book is sitting on my desk right now! I started it after picking up another of your Kern recommendations, "The Deliberate Practice of Professionalism". The author suggested that the correct order is to read Blue Threat first. It is a challenging book, and I find that reading in small chunks and reflecting on them for a while is best for me. I always enjoy your reading suggestions.

Now back to work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version