Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

Alternative to Amazon for Purchasing MP3s

(1/2) > >>

Dennis Wiggins:
I've had a bit of "falling out" with Amazon.  They have for many years been my sole and reliable source for finding nearly everything I wanted.   I now need to move on to another MP3 vendor. 

I am not interested in a "DJ" subscription service.  I buy Oldies, Pop, and Country much like any music lover.

Corey Scogin:
You probably won't find much Oldies, Pop, and Country but a lot of smaller artists are on Bandcamp. It's my first place to look. They offer lossless versions too.

What about Apple/Itunes?

Dennis Wiggins:

--- Quote from: Corey Scogin on July 10, 2021, 01:23:56 PM ---...What about Apple/Itunes?

--- End quote ---

Thanks, but I don't have or use anything Apple.  In fact, I only have a flip phone which what got me locked out of Amazon's method of 2-step verification.  Circular trap.  Long story.

I Googled about quite a bit trying to find any other source with A's breadth and depth of music, but no luck.

Anyhoo, I created another account that uses wifey's phone for A's 2-step verify.  Now I KNOW I can't live without her! :)

Corey Scogin:

--- Quote from: Dennis Wiggins on July 10, 2021, 03:53:10 PM ---Thanks, but I don't have or use anything Apple.

--- End quote ---

I'm confused.
How are you storing this music?
What are you using to play it back?

Dennis Wiggins:

--- Quote from: Corey Scogin on July 10, 2021, 07:25:26 PM ---I'm confused.
How are you storing this music?
What are you using to play it back?

--- End quote ---

From Amazon, I purchase the tracks and download the MP3 files to a MS Surface 3.  I've been using AIMP for about 2 years.  It does what I need a player to do. 

Sometimes, I use a Peavey USB-P, but mostly just the headphone output to a Mackie ProFx8 or Fx4.

- - -  From somewhere on PSW:

"Two types of DJs.  Those that "mix" 20 minute (or more) long passages between breaks or changes. and those that play pre-recorded tracks as the original artist intended while adding appropriate gain riding and EQ-on-the fly."

I am the latter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version