ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't ever give up - I just finished the most amazing 4 days of my career  (Read 2608 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

8 or so years ago I wandered into the LAB Lounge after a very disheartening show, when I was still 1 guy and 1 rig, and the wonderful people here encouraged me from day one, freely shared their experience, knowledge, humor and hope and slowly we started growing, and growing and growing.  COVID pause found us moving into a 10,000 sq ft. warehouse with 1200 sq. feet of office space. a towmotor, docks, our own box truck with a lift and 2 full time employees.  Like everyone we worried what things would be like after the pandemic, insanity is not what I envisioned.  We and the companies we were with are all booked beyond capacity, we are overworked to the bone.  Will it sustain?  I don't think so, but that doesn't matter we have an opportunity to prove we can execute at a higher level.  So when the phone rang and I was asked if we could provide full production including backline for a private 4 day party with a wedding, on an island in Lake Erie for the Velcro Pygmies, Bret Michaels, Joan Jett and Tone Loc I said I think we can.  Two weeks to meet these riders, tech our gear and get the right crew for the gig.  It was a great 4 days and I thought we met expectations.  The was the first time I was completely in charge of a show with acts of this level. 

When I got home and watched this video I can't even describe the feeling.  When someone, unsolicited takes an hour of their time to post a video and pay tribute to my team I was humbled and deeply proud of everyone.  You can watch the whole thing or you can start at 47:50 where he talks about the crew and my company. 

Thank you from Cam

I got to work with Bob Poole (Bret's audio engineer) and Joan's engineer Billy Crater.  Everyone was a great hang and despite the insane hours a good time was had by all. 

Here is a video of the rig in the venue, a bar in Put-in-Bay that was closed one one of the busiest nights of the season for this amazing get together.  The groom was so nice he opened the doors with sufficient security and let in the public for the Bret Michael's show.  FOH is not shown we had a Hog 3 IPC, a Behringer Wing and an M32 full size.  Bob made jokes about the Wing but whipped together a killer mix.  We had already roughed a scene in based on the input list provided, that was well received.  Billy already had a scene for the M32.  Lighting was Robe Point's Mac Aura's, generic 200W par's, blinders.  LED Atomics and Chauvet Freedom Hex bars.  The support act, the Velcro Pygmies brought the Wing with them and I can't say enough good, they truly set the bar for theme/tribute acts, consummate professionals with a great show. 

Walk through of setup

Here is a phone video from a guest of Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

Thanks to everyone in the Lab Lounge for unswerving support, good humor and great advice.  I can never possibly give back what you have given me, but I won't stop trying !

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve-White

• Fort Worth

Way to go Scott!!!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA

You never know what may happen.

I have had some amazing experiences over the many years in this business.

Sometimes they come out of nowhere and totally unexpected.

Or what you think is not going to be something, ends up being great.

Just keep doing what you love.

It is those moments that make it all worthwhile
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina

8 or so years ago I wandered into the LAB Lounge after a very disheartening show, when I was still 1 guy and 1 rig, and the wonderful people here encouraged me from day one, freely shared their experience, knowledge, humor and hope and slowly we started growing, and growing and growing.  COVID pause found us moving into a 10,000 sq ft. warehouse with 1200 sq. feet of office space. a towmotor, docks, our own box truck with a lift and 2 full time employees.  Like everyone we worried what things would be like after the pandemic, insanity is not what I envisioned.  We and the companies we were with are all booked beyond capacity, we are overworked to the bone.  Will it sustain?  I don't think so, but that doesn't matter we have an opportunity to prove we can execute at a higher level.  So when the phone rang and I was asked if we could provide full production including backline for a private 4 day party with a wedding, on an island in Lake Erie for the Velcro Pygmies, Bret Michaels, Joan Jett and Tone Loc I said I think we can.  Two weeks to meet these riders, tech our gear and get the right crew for the gig.  It was a great 4 days and I thought we met expectations.  The was the first time I was completely in charge of a show with acts of this level. 

When I got home and watched this video I can't even describe the feeling.  When someone, unsolicited takes an hour of their time to post a video and pay tribute to my team I was humbled and deeply proud of everyone.  You can watch the whole thing or you can start at 47:50 where he talks about the crew and my company. 

Thank you from Cam

I got to work with Bob Poole (Bret's audio engineer) and Joan's engineer Billy Crater.  Everyone was a great hang and despite the insane hours a good time was had by all. 

Here is a video of the rig in the venue, a bar in Put-in-Bay that was closed one one of the busiest nights of the season for this amazing get together.  The groom was so nice he opened the doors with sufficient security and let in the public for the Bret Michael's show.  FOH is not shown we had a Hog 3 IPC, a Behringer Wing and an M32 full size.  Bob made jokes about the Wing but whipped together a killer mix.  We had already roughed a scene in based on the input list provided, that was well received.  Billy already had a scene for the M32.  Lighting was Robe Point's Mac Aura's, generic 200W par's, blinders.  LED Atomics and Chauvet Freedom Hex bars.  The support act, the Velcro Pygmies brought the Wing with them and I can't say enough good, they truly set the bar for theme/tribute acts, consummate professionals with a great show. 

Walk through of setup

Here is a phone video from a guest of Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

Thanks to everyone in the Lab Lounge for unswerving support, good humor and great advice.  I can never possibly give back what you have given me, but I won't stop trying !

I am SO happy for you Scott - way to go and KEEP going!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Frank Koenig

I am SO happy for you Scott - way to go and KEEP going!

Hi Scott, I echo Debbie's words and look forward to hearing more about your events. Take care. --Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail

Ahh that's rad, Scott. Congrats on the success.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Mal Brown

Yeah man, what Tim said!
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

scottstephens

Scott

Congratulations Sir.  Hard work does indeed pay off.  It is always nice to be reminded why we are in this zany business.

Good Mixing.

Scott

Dave Pluke

• BIGG GRIN Productions

Congrats, Scott! Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?

We need more scoop on the drama, though  ;) .

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco

Nice one, Scott!

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 25 queries.