Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Flight-ready Acoustic Guitar Case recommendations

(1/3) > >>

Noah D Mitchell:
Howdy,

Looking to take my acoustic dreadnought (Taylor) in the air, any case recommendations or things to avoid?

The Taylor's come with a soft-ish bag that I don't trust to air travel.

This SKB at Sweetwater appears to be decent, any input?

Thanks in advance!

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: John Hiemburg on July 05, 2021, 06:08:04 PM ---Howdy,

Looking to take my acoustic dreadnought (Taylor) in the air, any case recommendations or things to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

--- End quote ---

United Airlines can break anything.  American doesn't try as hard, evidently, but they still break instruments.

Have Bob Taylor's phone number in your contact list.

Milt Hathaway:
I have the SKB cases for electric guitars and keyboards and they are all very solid. Haven't needed one for acoustic yet but I assume it would be similar.

Regarding the legendary United Airlines broken guitar: It was checked as baggage in nothing more than the flimsy stock 'carry it to the van' case that the guitar came with.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: John Hiemburg on July 05, 2021, 06:08:04 PM ---Howdy,

Thanks in advance!

--- End quote ---

Nearly all airlines will allow you to Carry on a guitar, especially In a soft case. The best soft cases have pull out hooks that allow them to be hung like a garment bag and most airlines will do exactly this [hang your guitar in with the coats in first class] without any issue. I know a number of pros who always travel with their guitars this way.

EDIT: Also look for the soft cases with the straps that allow you to carry the guitar like a back pack. Very comfortable to manage when making those long airport walks

Tim Halligan:
I'd take a serious look at Hiscox cases.

https://www.hiscoxcases.com

I've travelled internationally with my electric in a Hiscox case, and my main acoustic came supplied with one...and I've never had an issue with either case...even going through LHR, DXB and PER.

Cheers,
Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version