ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wifi AP for mixer remote control - EnGenius or Ubiquiti  (Read 1887 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Wifi AP for mixer remote control - EnGenius or Ubiquiti
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2021, 07:12:47 PM »

Thanks Tim,
I will check and see the suggested JBL video.

I can buy here the Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR for half the price of the EnGenius ENS500EXT-AC,
that is something important to consider.

Any reason why you choose the EnGenius over the Ubiquiti for Live Sound work but the oposite at home?

Thank you

The EnGenius was on sale when I needed it 4 years ago, it had a good reputation and my needs were very simple.  At home, I have security cameras, IoT, media server, etc and separate VLANS for each category.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2021, 08:38:25 PM »

Hi Doug do you have anything to add on the choices between the EnGenius ENS500EXT-AC or Ubiquiti Unifi AC LR?
this thread is related to that as I wrote in the first post.

I will add the Ubitquiti UAP AC M in my options also as I checked the unit and it seems a good option also.

I will buy one of these 3 units for sure, I would like to know fellow members opinions and experience using these units

No experience with any of those.  Hard wire the console to the AP with a static IP. 

Buy an AP which will allow you to upgrade the antenna.   

Read reviews,  good luck.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2021, 08:53:39 PM »

Thanks guys,
I will go for the EnGenius ENS500EXT-AC since the reviews are quite good, the software is simpler to setup compared to Ubiquiti, it's a nice shape to fit in my Work Case and carry around, seems to be easy to physically setup on location and also it has DHCP in case I need it (as I explained before 90% of the times I don't have any need to setup static IPs, DHCP works great and it's quicker and very practical)

The Ubiquiti Unifi AC LR seems to be quite good, but have much more possibilities than I need and I also don't like the shape, will not be has easy to fit in my case and to psychically setup on location, if it's not attached to a ceiling or wall I have some trouble understanding how should I use it.

Thanks

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2021, 10:14:19 PM »

Thanks guys,
I will go for the EnGenius ENS500EXT-AC since the reviews are quite good, the software is simpler to setup compared to Ubiquiti, it's a nice shape to fit in my Work Case and carry around, seems to be easy to physically setup on location and also it has DHCP in case I need it (as I explained before 90% of the times I don't have any need to setup static IPs, DHCP works great and it's quicker and very practical)

The Ubiquiti Unifi AC LR seems to be quite good, but have much more possibilities than I need and I also don't like the shape, will not be has easy to fit in my case and to psychically setup on location, if it's not attached to a ceiling or wall I have some trouble understanding how should I use it.

Thanks
We use the Engenius units and they work perfectly for our needs. We got to a point where we needed something more reliable in terms of range than the usual off-the-shelf consumer level products, and have been using the engenius ENS500 or a variant thereof ever since. I don't know the exact range, because I have never found the distance limitation. It's at least a football field, I can tell you that. As a matter of fact, we needed another access point for an amp rack just this past week, and bought another Engenius ENS500AC...

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2021, 06:12:36 AM »

We use the Engenius units and they work perfectly for our needs. We got to a point where we needed something more reliable in terms of range than the usual off-the-shelf consumer level products, and have been using the engenius ENS500 or a variant thereof ever since. I don't know the exact range, because I have never found the distance limitation. It's at least a football field, I can tell you that. As a matter of fact, we needed another access point for an amp rack just this past week, and bought another Engenius ENS500AC...

Thank you so much for the input Bob, I will order one today

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2021, 06:12:36 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.