Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

Heavy duty power-strips (w/circuit-breakers)??

(1/5) > >>

Bob Faulkner:
Did a search on the forum, but didn't find what I was needing.  There are a lot of posts related to "power strips, but I didn't see anything related to heavy-duty.

Is anyone using actual heavy duty (physical construction) power-strips?  Meaning, the case of the power-strips is metal, or heavy PVC... something that if dropped, it doesn't break, or if stepped on, it doesn't collapse.  I'm looking for something in all black.  Amazon shows "heavy duty" power-strips, but the color on these strips appears to be always yellow.  As well, I can't tell the construction quality looking at pictures.  From the pictures I have seen, I may be looking at quality products (via Amazon or Google), but can't tell from the picture.

I'm needing 15amp/120V (w/breaker if possible).  These would be occasionally used onstage as power sources for bands to plug their gear into.

Anyone using heavy-duty power strips?

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Bob Faulkner on July 03, 2021, 10:13:27 PM ---Did a search on the forum, but didn't find what I was needing.  There are a lot of posts related to "power strips, but I didn't see anything related to heavy-duty.

Is anyone using actual heavy duty (physical construction) power-strips?  Meaning, the case of the power-strips is metal, or heavy PVC... something that if dropped, it doesn't break, or if stepped on, it doesn't collapse.  I'm looking for something in all black.  Amazon shows "heavy duty" power-strips, but the color on these strips appears to be always yellow.  As well, I can't tell the construction quality looking at pictures.  From the pictures I have seen, I may be looking at quality products (via Amazon or Google), but can't tell from the picture.

I'm needing 15amp/120V (w/breaker if possible).  These would be occasionally used onstage as power sources for bands to plug their gear into.

--- End quote ---
OA Windsor?
I don't have any, but they are spoken of very well.
Chris.

Brian Jojade:
To get the really rugged stuff that's stage worthy, you need to be wiling to drop lost of cash.  What's the usage scenario?

Bob Faulkner:

--- Quote from: Chris Hindle on July 04, 2021, 12:31:21 AM ---OA Windsor?
I don't have any, but they are spoken of very well.
Chris.

--- End quote ---

I have 2 stringers from OA Windsor.  They are the best I've ever used (top quality).

Not sure if he does power-strips... I had not considered him for that.  Thanks for the suggestion.

--- Quote from: Brian Jojade on July 04, 2021, 03:58:03 AM ---To get the really rugged stuff that's stage worthy, you need to be wiling to drop lost of cash.  What's the usage scenario?

--- End quote ---

Looking for something more rugged than what is commonly available.  They would be used mostly for outdoor shows where precipitation is anticipated.  The breaker would (hopefully) trip at the power-strip instead of the PDU breaker or load-center breaker (depending on the setup).  Also, they would be used for smaller stage/performance areas where my stringers would be too much; it would be easier and take up less space running an extension cord with a power-strip at the end of it.

Jason Glass:

--- Quote from: Bob Faulkner on July 03, 2021, 10:13:27 PM ---Did a search on the forum, but didn't find what I was needing.  There are a lot of posts related to "power strips, but I didn't see anything related to heavy-duty.

--- End quote ---

These are used by many of the big audio companies: https://www.motionlabs.com/products/auxiliary-power-distribution/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version