ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Galaxy Audio as-1100 and DHXR for wireless signal distribution  (Read 839 times)

Mal Brown

The As-1100 is an IEM transmitter.  The DHRX is a wireless mic receiver.  There is a mod for the DHXR that allows it to work with the signal broadcast by the AS-1100.   The mod is installing a jumper between 2 adjacent points on the DHXR motherboard.  So not a huge thing.  Galaxy forwarded detailed documentation to me to support the mod.  My thought is to put it on a switch...

Approx 540 for both units at Adorama.

I have an acquaintance, now passed that used this rig apparently with success.   My local tech installed the jumper and thought it was a good rig.   He has good ears and I'm comfortable with his judgement.

Has anyone else tried this with the Galaxy stuff ? My use is not critical listening.  It's talking head support for sports events, graduations, weddings, etc...  Jus to get me 50' without wire ...

I know folks were doing something like this with Senn G3, MiPor and Lectrosonics a while back.   Those are all up over a grand IIRc...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Galaxy Audio as-1100 and DHXR for wireless signal distribution
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 01:31:45 PM »

The As-1100 is an IEM transmitter.  The DHRX is a wireless mic receiver.  There is a mod for the DHXR that allows it to work with the signal broadcast by the AS-1100.   The mod is installing a jumper between 2 adjacent points on the DHXR motherboard.  So not a huge thing.  Galaxy forwarded detailed documentation to me to support the mod.  My thought is to put it on a switch...

Approx 540 for both units at Adorama.

I have an acquaintance, now passed that used this rig apparently with success.   My local tech installed the jumper and thought it was a good rig.   He has good ears and I'm comfortable with his judgement.

Has anyone else tried this with the Galaxy stuff ? My use is not critical listening.  It's talking head support for sports events, graduations, weddings, etc...  Jus to get me 50' without wire ...

I know folks were doing something like this with Senn G3, MiPor and Lectrosonics a while back.   Those are all up over a grand IIRc...

I'm biased - Galaxy's office is a little over a mile from my house, and our shop was a beta tester for the Cricket, among other things.  They're really good about support and making honest evaluations of their product capabilities.

If they say it will work, it should work.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mal Brown

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 10:51:07 AM »

Good to know Tim, Thanks!
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 10:51:07 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.