ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Best free app for iPad?  (Read 1613 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Best free app for iPad?
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2021, 05:20:35 PM »

Be careful!  People are going to start calling you a lampie! ;D

Hah!..
I have admit lighting is my secret guilty pleasure.....
I think lights (done well) can make a good show REALLY good even on a small scale.

My point though was to say a decent little light show can be programmed using Luminair.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2021, 05:46:16 PM »

Hah!..
I think lights (done well) can make a good show REALLY good even on a small scale.

My point though was to say a decent little light show can be programmed using Luminair.

Me too. I truly enjoy lighting design. I hate dealing with lights and truss and the cabling that goes with it. If I could have an army of minions do the work, I'd happily program cues all day!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Brian_Henry

• NJ
    • Mountainside Studios, LLC
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2021, 10:48:05 AM »

Hah!..

Yup it really does make difference and its fun too.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2021, 02:36:57 PM »

I get more compliments on my lighting than my sound.  Wait, does that mean my mixes suck? :o Or that decent lighting is a rarity.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

John L Nobile

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2021, 02:55:04 PM »

I get more compliments on my lighting than my sound.  Wait, does that mean my mixes suck? :o Or that decent lighting is a rarity.

I do as well. I think it's because the lighting is easier to comprehend. Usually, the only time you should hear comments about sound is when there's something wrong.

I don't think decent lighting is a rarity. My opinion is that it's usually too busy, blinds the audience and forgets that the performers are supposed to be lit. I hate seeing people singing in the dark while lights are going nuts behind them or I can't see them cause I got a million watts of white light blinding me.

Brian_Henry

• NJ
    • Mountainside Studios, LLC
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2021, 10:21:09 AM »

I do as well. I think it's because the lighting is easier to comprehend. Usually, the only time you should hear comments about sound is when there's something wrong.

I don't think decent lighting is a rarity. My opinion is that it's usually too busy, blinds the audience and forgets that the performers are supposed to be lit. I hate seeing people singing in the dark while lights are going nuts behind them or I can't see them cause I got a million watts of white light blinding me.

You don't enjoy a random variety of low quality bars and effects lights on constant random automatic chases?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2021, 10:43:24 AM »

You don't enjoy a random variety of low quality bars and effects lights on constant random automatic chases?

That drives me mad! It is so distracting when bands put lights on fast chases or flashes. I see it all the time in this area.
At least use a slow slow chase that fades ....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2021, 01:35:51 PM »

That drives me mad! It is so distracting when bands put lights on fast chases or flashes. I see it all the time in this area.
At least use a slow slow chase that fades ....

I have for decades used the patented "sound guy running the lights" show. Program 10-15 different color looks and then put them on a 30 second to one minute chase time. The stage will constantly be changing, but you don't have to touch it for the rest of the night! lol
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2021, 01:56:49 PM »

I have for decades used the patented "sound guy running the lights" show. Program 10-15 different color looks and then put them on a 30 second to one minute chase time. The stage will constantly be changing, but you don't have to touch it for the rest of the night! lol

That's the way to do it to keep it simple. I set mine to slow fade chase on the odd occasion when I have to use the restroom during the show!!!

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2021, 04:45:21 PM »

If I'm not running sound, I'll busk the whole show.  Preset scenes which I change on the fly.  No movers.
Luminair 3 work surprisingly well for that.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2021, 04:45:21 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.