ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best free app for iPad?  (Read 415 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Best free app for iPad?
« on: June 25, 2021, 09:15:52 PM »

So I have a band that bought some led cans and the Enttec ODE because the guy at the store said it was the ticket.

I wouldnít have done it this way, but whatever. Itís bought.

The rig is exceedingly simple. Two trees. Some ADJ hexpars. White light only, turn it on and leave it on. Since we already use iPads for mixing, monitors, lyrics, charts, etc. I might as well use the iPad to turn the lights on and off.

So Iíve never used any iPad apps for lighting but all Iíve ever heard about is Luminaire. I downloaded it and Leo and behold itís a subscription service. Iím not paying monthly to turn on the white lights at the start of the show. Especially since only do about one show a month! Lol

So are there any free apps out there that arenít DJ focused? Apps that I might understand coming from a real lighting desk?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Nate Zifra

Re: Best free app for iPad?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 11:45:31 AM »

I just came across this the other day, and haven't had a chance to try it out, but At Full from Blizzard Lighting might check the boxes for you.  The free version appears to give you the ability to create basic scenes and chases.  Then you can pay to upscale it for FX and other features.  It says it will work with ArtNet and sACN interfaces.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/full/id1483078784

So I have a band that bought some led cans and the Enttec ODE because the guy at the store said it was the ticket.

The rig is exceedingly simple. Two trees. Some ADJ hexpars. White light only, turn it on and leave it on. Since we already use iPads for mixing, monitors, lyrics, charts, etc. I might as well use the iPad to turn the lights on and off.

So Iíve never used any iPad apps for lighting but all Iíve ever heard about is Luminaire. I downloaded it and Leo and behold itís a subscription service. Iím not paying monthly to turn on the white lights at the start of the show. Especially since only do about one show a month! Lol

So are there any free apps out there that arenít DJ focused? Apps that I might understand coming from a real lighting desk?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »

Yes Luminair just started doing that. Those of us who were already using the app are grandfathered in and can continue to use Luminair v3 bought and paid for.
Look at Vibrio....http://vibriolighting.com
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 03:20:11 PM »

Yes Luminair just started doing that. Those of us who were already using the app are grandfathered in and can continue to use Luminair v3 bought and paid for.
Look at Vibrio....http://vibriolighting.com

I will. Thanks Debbie!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 03:20:11 PM ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.