ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird sound board issue  (Read 882 times)

William Hultman

Weird sound board issue
« on: June 24, 2021, 10:32:58 PM »

I have an odd issue with our sound board that I am hoping someone can help with. Our sound board is a Yamaha MG 32/14fx. The issue I am having is that whenever we try and play a video thru the sound board the audio is only coming thru our monitor speakers and not the main house speakers. This is the only device that does this, all other sounds play thru both the monitors and house speakers, as they should. If I move the PC output to another channel, the problem follows. I have triple cheeked all of the connections and all seem to be connected correctly. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate any assistance you can provide me. I am at wit's end here.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 10:35:26 PM »

I have an odd issue

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: Weird sound board issue
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 10:51:59 PM »

I have an odd issue with our sound board that I am hoping someone can help with. Our sound board is a Yamaha MG 32/14fx. The issue I am having is that whenever we try and play a video thru the sound board the audio is only coming thru our monitor speakers and not the main house speakers. This is the only device that does this, all other sounds play thru both the monitors and house speakers, as they should. If I move the PC output to another channel, the problem follows. I have triple cheeked all of the connections and all seem to be connected correctly. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate any assistance you can provide me. I am at wit's end here.

Can you post a picture or 2 of the back of the mixer showing where you have the PC plugged in and a picture of the top of the mixer showing the settings on that input channel?

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 12:35:03 AM »

Are you plugging in a left and right connection, or are you using a 1/8 to XLR adaptor cable?
Brian Jojade

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 12:35:03 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.