Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > HistoryOfConcertSound.org

Sliders in consoles

(1/14) > >>

duane massey:
Idle curiosity: when did sliders become commonplace in live mixing consoles?

Landon Lewsaw:
Funny that came up on a podcast I was listening to today.  The guy being interviewed from Silverfish Audio said they had Ashly consoles (who knew?) in '79 that had 100mm faders and that was a pretty new thing.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Landon Lewsaw on June 24, 2021, 10:18:24 PM ---Funny that came up on a podcast I was listening to today.  The guy being interviewed from Silverfish Audio said they had Ashly consoles (who knew?) in '79 that had 100mm faders and that was a pretty new thing.

--- End quote ---

Not that new. I remember Pete Erskine and I max'ing out all our credit cards at Manny's Music on 48th St to buy a couple of PM1000 consoles in '76. We used them on the Chrysler new car launch that summer. The PM1000 was not the first console with linear faders, certainly Stephenson and others predate them.

Mac

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on June 24, 2021, 10:43:03 PM ---Not that new. I remember Pete Erskine and I max'ing out all our credit cards at Manny's Music on 48th St to buy a couple of PM1000 consoles in '76. We used them on the Chrysler new car launch that summer. The PM1000 was not the first console with linear faders, certainly Stephenson and others predate them.

Mac

--- End quote ---
I remember mixing on a Soundcraft Series one. Wasn't that born around 1974?
It was the first mixer I used with faders.
At the time I had a Yamaha EM-35(?), 6 channel with rotary pots.
Chris.

MikeHarris:
Mom's Wholesome Audio used Duncan slide faders...Stevenson Interface..one or two Gately mixers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version