ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure UA846Z2 LC Frequency Manager for GLX-D  (Read 668 times)

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
Shure UA846Z2 LC Frequency Manager for GLX-D
« on: June 19, 2021, 11:03:09 PM »

Anybody use one of these?  I have several GLXD sets that I bought before I "knew better" which are all is very good condition.  Belt packs and hand held sets.  If the frequency manager works they could be useful in light duty use.

Or, just unload all of it?  I've used them at neighborhood association meetings with two mics hot and they sound good, no issues.  Took a couple of belt packs out with lapel mics and one handheld and with 3 running had issues with the hand held at a garden wedding.

https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/accessories/ua846z2_lc

JohnPinchin

Re: Shure UA846Z2 LC Frequency Manager for GLX-D
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 06:12:59 AM »

I tried a couple of GLXD mics as thought it was a great system until an audience arrived and I had issues.  I moved back to Sennheiser and I'm about to move over to the newer Shure SLXD or Sennheiser EW-D this week.   
I know a few acts that have the GLXD and think it's great but IMO any time you have a customer that can't accept dropouts not matter how rare then you need to move out of the wifi frequency band. 

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 03:59:39 PM »

^^^ Right you are, that's pretty much been my experience with them and lack of confidence as well.  I'll keep them around a while, if there is no use for them like a freebie school carnival or something like that, then I'll unload all of it or make a donation to a nearby HOW that does kiddie theatre stuff.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 03:59:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.