ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a EAW MX 300i Processor to buy  (Read 2882 times)

Joshua Buentello

Looking for a EAW MX 300i Processor to buy
« on: June 22, 2021, 01:26:37 PM »

Hello everyone I have been looking for a EAW MX300i processor to buy thats factory configured for an EAW LA325 and for a EAW LA128 Sub. I had came across one on eBay last year and purchased it because it was configured exactly how I needed it and the day it was supposed to be shipped to me I had gotten a message from the seller that it had already been sold to someone else so fortunately I got my refund back for the processor but unfortunately I was left empty handed with no processor for my speaker setup :( Does anyone out there have one for sale that is not being used or needed anymore??? If so I would sure love to buy it from you if possible. Please let me know, Thanks :) Right now I am using 2 processors to get the desired sound I want from the cabinets and I would really like to just use one and its sounding pretty good right now but just trying to down size everything. PM me if you have one for sale.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Looking for a EAW MX 300i Processor to buy
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 12:16:27 AM »

Hello everyone I have been looking for a EAW MX300i processor to buy thats factory configured for an EAW LA325 and for a EAW LA128 Sub. I had came across one on eBay last year and purchased it because it was configured exactly how I needed it and the day it was supposed to be shipped to me I had gotten a message from the seller that it had already been sold to someone else so fortunately I got my refund back for the processor but unfortunately I was left empty handed with no processor for my speaker setup :( Does anyone out there have one for sale that is not being used or needed anymore??? If so I would sure love to buy it from you if possible. Please let me know, Thanks :) Right now I am using 2 processors to get the desired sound I want from the cabinets and I would really like to just use one and its sounding pretty good right now but just trying to down size everything. PM me if you have one for sale.

Why not get a single, newer, better DSP with more inputs and outputs, better sound, and more flexible?  With Dante, analog, and AES3? 

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:48:30 AM »

Why not get a single, newer, better DSP with more inputs and outputs, better sound, and more flexible?  With Dante, analog, and AES3?

I was thinking the same thing and EAW probably has DSP settings that would get you up and running.
Depending on the DSP you may have to convert Q for bandwidth or visa versa for the eq settings.
I going to guess even with slight differences in DSP's, loaded with the proper settings they would still be
better than an old MX processor of an unknown history.

Joshua Buentello

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 03:25:44 PM »

Well yes that would work too but I am working with a limited budget and I know a good newer processor will cost a lot more than the old mx series and most of the mx series like the mx250, mx8600 and mx8750 ect... only have settings for a 2 way config and I was wanting a 3 way config because the 250,8600,8750  only have the hi and sub config for the eaw la325 running in full range on one output and sub on the next output on the processor but I'm wanting to make the lows either lows or low mid on the 325 cabinet running in biamp mode and also have a sub output just for subs and I know I can program that into the mx8600 and mx8750 but to get the correct frequency and settings for the 15's on the 325 cabs is tricky because of the fact of the 7' mids on the cabinet are factory configured on the processor to overlap the 15's at 177hz for a tiny 7'' mids in full range mode so the lows endup overlapping pretty bad and don't sound correct. So either the 15's can be crossed at 430hz or in the 125hz range for some punch and have the subs take over the lower end of the frequency spectrum but if I get a mx300i configured for the 325 cabs and 128 subs eaw already figured out all the correct frequency's to crossover at and also having the correct peq settings and Q/bandwidth and gain ect... to get the best sound out of both of these cabs with out me having to spend an eternity trying to figure out all these correct values to program into any processor. I already tried it on a dbx pa2 and that processor doesn't have but only 2 peq settings to work with while the 325's and 128's cabinets use at least 3 or 4 peq settings to sound correctly. Thats why I am looking for a mx300i to just plug and play with all the guess work already done :)

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 01:39:39 PM »

The MX line were factory configured for the relevant system. settings are changed with component boards inside the units. They have a particular setup for a single system configuration.

The only user adjustable setting is for the master limiter, and even that requires opening up the unit to get to.

EAW no longer has the boards or personnel to alter the factory configuration, so if you don't have one setup for your speakers, you are SOL. I have a 300i configured for my my KF300e rig with SB330 subs, but I have SB600e subs. I have fried them more than once when I was clueless about this. It is painfully expensive. I could have easily purchased a new MX3600 for the price of the recones on the 15" RCF drivers.

Get a newer DSP, EAW or otherwise.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 12:32:10 PM »

The MX line were factory configured for the relevant system. settings are changed with component boards inside the units. They have a particular setup for a single system configuration.

The only user adjustable setting is for the master limiter, and even that requires opening up the unit to get to.

EAW no longer has the boards or personnel to alter the factory configuration, so if you don't have one setup for your speakers, you are SOL. I have a 300i configured for my my KF300e rig with SB330 subs, but I have SB600e subs. I have fried them more than once when I was clueless about this. It is painfully expensive. I could have easily purchased a new MX3600 for the price of the recones on the 15" RCF drivers.

Get a newer DSP, EAW or otherwise.

^^^  THIS.  RIGHT.  HERE.

The MX300 is obsolete and without service support.

For the kind of tinkering with crossover points and drive levels that Joshua wants to do, there are far better devices these days.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 03:43:36 PM »

Plus, with a new DSP, if he decides to change or update his system, he'll be ready to go.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 05:11:25 PM »

+1 to Tim and Dave!

doug johnson2

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 05:30:36 PM »

Late to the party, so forgive me.  Forget about the MXi processors.  They are dinosaurs and non-longer of decent sound quality.  The good news is, the next/first generation of MX DIGITAL processors were OEMed by Ashley and the published processor setting will transfer directly to the Protea series.  The install version, the 4.24d sell on Ebay for less than 200.00.  You will need a Windows computer, usb serial dongle, and straight through serial cable to set it up.  It also uses phoenix connectors for in and outs but, I've used install version of processors live for years and have never had an issue using them.  Another option is a Biamp Audia Flex, the go for stupid cheap used, you just need to find on with the right i/o configuration.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 05:30:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.