ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Running wet  (Read 3328 times)

Steve Mason

Running wet
« on: June 20, 2021, 04:40:53 AM »

Renting in 4 x srx828sp and 4 x srx815sp.  Very extended forecast for 4th of July weekend is calling for a slight chance of rain and I have a 2.5 day music event at the local (small) county fair. Curious on opinions as what to use for cover in the event of moisture and what the level of weather resistance is.  I have rented this front end before but precipitation was not an issue. Hoping for good weather of course but even with insurance I want to respect the $$$$ worth of gear in the event of rain.  2 mains over subs 2 subs ea per side on aluminum tube platforms with power distribution well covered/protected inside the stage area. I will of course discuss this with the provider also but would appreciate everyone's 2 coppers.
Proz Act Audio
Relax. We got ya covered.

MikeHarris

Re: Running wet
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 06:26:05 AM »

Rain + Power = utmost care required

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 06:41:25 AM »

Tarps rolled up under/behind the stacks for easy/fast deployment.
You said power was well covered?
You hear thunder, or see lightening, show's done.
Make sure it's in your contract that YOU have the authority to "pull the plug"
Like Mike said, you can't fuck with Mother nature. She can be a cruel bitch.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 09:11:50 AM »

Renting in 4 x srx828sp and 4 x srx815sp.  Very extended forecast for 4th of July weekend is calling for a slight chance of rain and I have a 2.5 day music event at the local (small) county fair. Curious on opinions as what to use for cover in the event of moisture and what the level of weather resistance is.  I have rented this front end before but precipitation was not an issue. Hoping for good weather of course but even with insurance I want to respect the $$$$ worth of gear in the event of rain.  2 mains over subs 2 subs ea per side on aluminum tube platforms with power distribution well covered/protected inside the stage area. I will of course discuss this with the provider also but would appreciate everyone's 2 coppers.

From my contract:
- The Contractor (me) reserves the rite to power - down the system (at any time) due to changes in the weather that (in the Contractor’s judgment) creates an unsafe environment for the spectators and/or equipment. The Contractor will seek input from the onsite Authorities or police detail to warrant such action.       

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 11:10:26 AM »

Hi Mike,

From my contract:
- The Contractor (me) reserves the rite to power - down the system (at any time) due to changes in the weather that (in the Contractor’s judgment) creates an unsafe environment for the spectators and/or equipment. The Contractor will seek input from the onsite Authorities or police detail to warrant such action.       

I would like to use this verbatim, ok?

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 11:28:01 AM »

It is probably too late to get a set made for July 4, but I have found Undercover FS/W weather resistant covers to be very effective.
  *Disclaimer - I am a dealer for Undercover.*

http://www.undercovernyc.com/protection_ranges#fs_w
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 11:32:38 AM »

Renting in 4 x srx828sp and 4 x srx815sp.

Can the vendor also supply rain covers for the above? Fitted covers are available. I hear good things about these:

http://www.undercovernyc.com/protection_ranges

Unless you plan on renting the same rig a lot, it wouldn't make sense for you to buy custom covers. So, that leaves tarps.

Running power directly into the cabinet creates multiple points of risk. One reason I try to use passive speakers outdoors (easier to protect amp racks under stages, for example).

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 04:14:10 PM »

For intermediate level protection look up Warp Brothers "Banana Bags". They come in various large shapes and sizes.

I got these and they fit perfect over my one over one stacks.
https://www.amazon.com/Warp-Brothers-CB-60-Plastic-108-Inch/dp/B0002YVLDE/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=warp+brothers&qid=1624219580&sr=8-7

You can still play through them better than a tarp over the speaker.

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 04:39:30 PM »

Hi Mike,

I would like to use this verbatim, ok?

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

No problem.
For clarity's sake:
My contract / job proposal starts out with:
Job Description:
*** **** ***** *********** (hereinafter referred to as the “Contractor”) will .........
The above identifies me as the Contractor.

After the details the text reads:
- The Contractor reserves the rite to power - down the system (at any time) due to changes in the weather that (in the Contractor’s judgment) creates an unsafe environment for the spectators and/or equipment. The Contractor will seek input from the onsite ******** Authorities or police detail to warrant such action.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2021, 04:52:09 PM »

For intermediate level protection look up Warp Brothers "Banana Bags". They come in various large shapes and sizes.

I got these and they fit perfect over my one over one stacks.
https://www.amazon.com/Warp-Brothers-CB-60-Plastic-108-Inch/dp/B0002YVLDE/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=warp+brothers&qid=1624219580&sr=8-7

You can still play through them better than a tarp over the speaker.

Those plastic cover look very interesting. To anyone covering speakers to protect them from the rain don't pull the plastic tight around the speaker the plastic will rattle and the speakers will sound like they have a rubbing voice coil. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2021, 04:52:09 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.