Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Running wet

<< < (5/5)

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on June 26, 2021, 10:42:50 AM ---"The equipment rented hereunder is not intended for, and is not certified for use as life-safety equipment or voice warning systems."

--- End quote ---
BINGO.
I have a 40 watt Bullhorn for use when the PA is not in service.
Chris.

Mike Monte:

--- Quote from: Mike Monte on June 26, 2021, 08:14:41 AM ---
Problems arise when weather is just "spitting"......  Yes, call the show absolutely but sometimes the call is on-the-edge....
Mostly my weather-related issues have come with the local ACS Relay for Life (setting up for it this morning actually...15% chance of rain).

--- End quote ---

Well....yesterday's ACP Relay for Life was scaled way-back due to covid, thus I set up a basic rig (two Yorkville e152's on sticks, Yorkville M1610-2 mixer, two channels of DI, and one mic for announcements).  The organizers used an iPod and cellphone for tracks.
Since this was a last-minute kind of thing (this year's event was supposed to be cancelled as of two months ago so I had taken a Newport wedding with my trio) so I had to put together a set-it-and-forget-it rig.
I showed the college kid how to run it (no-clip-light-training-lol), gave him some plastic (contractor bags) for the cabs and mixer and went to Newport.

I returned for the Luminaria at 8:30 and the rig was up'n running.  The college kid told me that it had started raining earlier in the event so he had bagged the gear.  The weather had cleared-up by the time I arrived.

Everything worked well.

Tim Weaver:
If there's a chance of rain or even just high humidity I suggest Gold Bond powder.

Nothing will ruin your day faster than a mean case of swamp-ass.

dave briar:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on June 27, 2021, 12:20:43 PM ---Nothing will ruin your day faster than a mean case of swamp-ass.

--- End quote ---
TMI!

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on June 27, 2021, 12:20:43 PM ---If there's a chance of rain or even just high humidity I suggest Gold Bond powder.

Nothing will ruin your day faster than a mean case of swamp-ass.

--- End quote ---

A couple of pairs of fresh socks is not to be overlooked either.....
Chris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version