Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Running wet

(1/5) > >>

Steve Mason:
Renting in 4 x srx828sp and 4 x srx815sp.  Very extended forecast for 4th of July weekend is calling for a slight chance of rain and I have a 2.5 day music event at the local (small) county fair. Curious on opinions as what to use for cover in the event of moisture and what the level of weather resistance is.  I have rented this front end before but precipitation was not an issue. Hoping for good weather of course but even with insurance I want to respect the $$$$ worth of gear in the event of rain.  2 mains over subs 2 subs ea per side on aluminum tube platforms with power distribution well covered/protected inside the stage area. I will of course discuss this with the provider also but would appreciate everyone's 2 coppers.

MikeHarris:
Rain + Power = utmost care required

Chris Hindle:
Tarps rolled up under/behind the stacks for easy/fast deployment.
You said power was well covered?
You hear thunder, or see lightening, show's done.
Make sure it's in your contract that YOU have the authority to "pull the plug"
Like Mike said, you can't fuck with Mother nature. She can be a cruel bitch.
Chris.

Mike Monte:

--- Quote from: Steve Mason on June 20, 2021, 04:40:53 am ---Renting in 4 x srx828sp and 4 x srx815sp.  Very extended forecast for 4th of July weekend is calling for a slight chance of rain and I have a 2.5 day music event at the local (small) county fair. Curious on opinions as what to use for cover in the event of moisture and what the level of weather resistance is.  I have rented this front end before but precipitation was not an issue. Hoping for good weather of course but even with insurance I want to respect the $$$$ worth of gear in the event of rain.  2 mains over subs 2 subs ea per side on aluminum tube platforms with power distribution well covered/protected inside the stage area. I will of course discuss this with the provider also but would appreciate everyone's 2 coppers.

--- End quote ---

From my contract:
- The Contractor (me) reserves the rite to power - down the system (at any time) due to changes in the weather that (in the Contractor’s judgment) creates an unsafe environment for the spectators and/or equipment. The Contractor will seek input from the onsite Authorities or police detail to warrant such action.       

Weogo Reed:
Hi Mike,

--- Quote from: Mike Monte on June 20, 2021, 09:11:50 am ---From my contract:
- The Contractor (me) reserves the rite to power - down the system (at any time) due to changes in the weather that (in the Contractor’s judgment) creates an unsafe environment for the spectators and/or equipment. The Contractor will seek input from the onsite Authorities or police detail to warrant such action.       

--- End quote ---

I would like to use this verbatim, ok?

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version