Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

New subs

(1/3) > >>

Tracy Stewart:
Hey everyone. In the market for new subs. I have used the srx828sp and they are very good. I am however looking at the rcf sub8006 and the Danley th-118. I am wondering if the price jump from jbl to the rcf or Danley is worth it. I am currently using 4 of the RCF SUB705AS which are fine for small events, but just lack the rumble of the 18" box.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jeff Lelko:

--- Quote from: Tracy Stewart on June 19, 2021, 08:16:05 pm ---I am wondering if the price jump from jbl to the rcf or Danley is worth it.

--- End quote ---

Hi Tracy, it would depend on your definition of “worth it”.  Above the SRX and similar product lines you really start buying to a performance point versus a price point.  What’s wrong with what you currently use?

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Tracy Stewart on June 19, 2021, 08:16:05 pm ---Hey everyone. In the market for new subs. I have used the srx828sp and they are very good. I am however looking at the rcf sub8006 and the Danley th-118. I am wondering if the price jump from jbl to the rcf or Danley is worth it. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

--- End quote ---

The jump to TH118XL is definitely worth it. 
Sub 8006 - not so much. 

Tracy Stewart:

--- Quote from: Caleb Dueck on June 19, 2021, 09:34:53 pm ---The jump to TH118XL is definitely worth it. 
Sub 8006 - not so much.

--- End quote ---

I am actually using 4 of the RCF SUB705AS right now.  They are ok, but the JBL SRX that I previously owned would stomp them.  So I am looking to at least go back to the JBL or higher. 

Tracy Stewart:

--- Quote from: Tracy Stewart on June 19, 2021, 10:20:33 pm ---I am actually using 4 of the RCF SUB705AS right now.  They are ok, but the JBL SRX that I previously owned would stomp them.  So I am looking to at least go back to the JBL or higher.

--- End quote ---
Yes, I have heard the Danleys and are very impressed.  I almost pulled the trigger on them on my last rig, but decided on the SRX828sp's.  I like the SRX boxes too, but dont mind spending a little more to get more performance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version