Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Sennheiser S-MCD software control for EM3532

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dang Huynh:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on June 26, 2021, 05:56:56 PM ---Can you send a link to the manual you're reading that from? RF equipment servicing isn't my area of expertise, but my impression from the EM3532 service manual is that changing the frequency range of the unit (as opposed to just its programmed frequencies) not only requires SePT.EXE (and not S-MCD) but also the proper service cable, and that after doing the EEPROM reprogramming you'll need to make some adjustments to the RF circuits as well.

-Russ

--- End quote ---

Hi Russ,

Please find attached file for a S-MCD 3000 HP V1.2 Manual PDF, English from pages 47 and "Reprogramming frequencies" in pages 60. I also have a Cable which to connect the EM3532 to NET1. It is my DIY D-Sub cable but good working with NET1 (i used WSM v3.7)

About SePT.exe V3.0: Please find a "em_3031u.pdf" for more information.

PS: please rename expansion file name to *.PDF

Thanks

Dang Huynh:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on June 26, 2021, 05:56:56 PM ---Can you send a link to the manual you're reading that from? RF equipment servicing isn't my area of expertise, but my impression from the EM3532 service manual is that changing the frequency range of the unit (as opposed to just its programmed frequencies) not only requires SePT.EXE (and not S-MCD) but also the proper service cable, and that after doing the EEPROM reprogramming you'll need to make some adjustments to the RF circuits as well.

-Russ

--- End quote ---

And attached file for EM3032/3532 Servicer manual page 9 to 25

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Dang Huynh on June 27, 2021, 12:30:36 AM ---{...} Please find attached file for a S-MCD 3000 HP V1.2 Manual PDF, English from pages 47 and "Reprogramming frequencies" in pages 60. I also have a Cable which to connect the EM3532 to NET1. It is my DIY D-Sub cable but good working with NET1 (i used WSM v3.7) {...}

--- End quote ---

Okay, so, this goes back to my first point: are you trying to reprogram the receiver's frequency (i.e. the frequency that the receiver is currently tuned to) or are you trying to reprogram the receiver's frequency range (i.e. the 24 MHz block of frequencies that the receiver is capable of tuning to)?

S-MCD and WSM are both capable of changing the receiver's frequency, but you'll need SePT.exe (and service cable, and the equipment necessary to do a re-alignment) to change the receiver's frequency range.

-Russ

Dang Huynh:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on June 28, 2021, 10:04:45 PM ---Okay, so, this goes back to my first point: are you trying to reprogram the receiver's frequency (i.e. the frequency that the receiver is currently tuned to) or are you trying to reprogram the receiver's frequency range (i.e. the 24 MHz block of frequencies that the receiver is capable of tuning to)?

S-MCD and WSM are both capable of changing the receiver's frequency, but you'll need SePT.exe (and service cable, and the equipment necessary to do a re-alignment) to change the receiver's frequency range.

-Russ

--- End quote ---

I didn't reprogram frequency for the EM 3532 yet. However, as S-MCD 3000 HP manual, i believe we can changed to another frequency range for the EM3532 by S-MCD 3000 HP software with D-Sub cable and Sennheiser NET1. I also connected the EM 3532 to NET 1 with WSM version 3.4.12 however WSM did not capable to changing the frequency ranged. It is just changing the frequency in local ranged (24MHz)
Attached photo is my diagram in my ideal.

And also a Sennheiser NET 1 manual link: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/345799/Sennheiser-Net-1.html?page=28#manual

Thanks

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Dang Huynh on June 29, 2021, 03:40:47 AM ---{...} However, as S-MCD 3000 HP manual, i believe we can changed to another frequency range for the EM3532 by S-MCD 3000 HP software with D-Sub cable and Sennheiser NET1. {...}

--- End quote ---

Why do you believe this? The S-MCD manual doesn't mention anything about reprogramming the frequency range, it only talks about reprogramming frequencies. Reprogramming the frequency range requires specialized tools and software, and also requires physical adjustment of the receiver's circuitry after the reprogramming has happened.

The S-MCD also doesn't mention anything about the Net1. if you want to use S-MCD—which you probably don't, since it doesn't have any extra features beyond what WSM offers—you'll need to connect the EM3532s directly to your computer using an RS-485 adapter.

-Russ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version