ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser S-MCD software control for EM3532  (Read 3601 times)

Dang Huynh

Sennheiser S-MCD software control for EM3532
« on: June 19, 2021, 02:59:34 PM »

Hi All,

I am searching for a Sennheiser S-MCD software to control and changed the frequency range for my EM3532 receiver. Anybody has this software. Thank you so much.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 04:34:16 PM »

Hi All,

I am searching for a Sennheiser S-MCD software to control and changed the frequency range for my EM3532 receiver. Anybody has this software. Thank you so much.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: Sennheiser S-MCD software control for EM3532
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 08:16:59 PM »

{...} I am searching for a Sennheiser S-MCD software to control and changed the frequency range for my EM3532 receiver. Anybody has this software. Thank you so much.

I've never used it, but I'm pretty sure S-MCD only allows you to change the RX's assigned frequency and not its frequency range (i.e. I don't think the software will let you do anything you can't do from the front panel, although you'll probably curse less doing it from within the software).

A (slightly) less decrepit option would be to find a Sennheiser Net1, which older versions of WSM will talk to. In theory you can use the Net1 to perform IR sync with TXs, too.

-Russ

Dang Huynh

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 03:04:25 PM »

I've never used it, but I'm pretty sure S-MCD only allows you to change the RX's assigned frequency and not its frequency range (i.e. I don't think the software will let you do anything you can't do from the front panel, although you'll probably curse less doing it from within the software).

A (slightly) less decrepit option would be to find a Sennheiser Net1, which older versions of WSM will talk to. In theory you can use the Net1 to perform IR sync with TXs, too.

-Russ

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your information, however i have connected my Sennheiser EM 3532 by NET1 and WSM version 3.7. This version (WSM v3.7) can not allow to changed to different frequency range. i also read in the EM 3532 manual, we can changed a frequency range with "SePT.EXE V3.0 programming tool - spare part no. 70502" or "S-MCD 3000 HP version 1.2 - " software.

I can not find another versions of WSM older v3.7. If you have an older version of WSM v3.7 please send me to check with thanks.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 05:56:56 PM »

{...} This version (WSM v3.7) can not allow to changed to different frequency range. i also read in the EM 3532 manual, we can changed a frequency range with "SePT.EXE V3.0 programming tool - spare part no. 70502" or "S-MCD 3000 HP version 1.2 - " software. {...}

Can you send a link to the manual you're reading that from? RF equipment servicing isn't my area of expertise, but my impression from the EM3532 service manual is that changing the frequency range of the unit (as opposed to just its programmed frequencies) not only requires SePT.EXE (and not S-MCD) but also the proper service cable, and that after doing the EEPROM reprogramming you'll need to make some adjustments to the RF circuits as well.

-Russ

Dang Huynh

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 12:30:36 AM »

Can you send a link to the manual you're reading that from? RF equipment servicing isn't my area of expertise, but my impression from the EM3532 service manual is that changing the frequency range of the unit (as opposed to just its programmed frequencies) not only requires SePT.EXE (and not S-MCD) but also the proper service cable, and that after doing the EEPROM reprogramming you'll need to make some adjustments to the RF circuits as well.

-Russ

Hi Russ,

Please find attached file for a S-MCD 3000 HP V1.2 Manual PDF, English from pages 47 and "Reprogramming frequencies" in pages 60. I also have a Cable which to connect the EM3532 to NET1. It is my DIY D-Sub cable but good working with NET1 (i used WSM v3.7)

About SePT.exe V3.0: Please find a "em_3031u.pdf" for more information.

PS: please rename expansion file name to *.PDF

Thanks

Dang Huynh

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 12:31:33 AM »

-Russ

And attached file for EM3032/3532 Servicer manual page 9 to 25

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 10:04:45 PM »

{...} Please find attached file for a S-MCD 3000 HP V1.2 Manual PDF, English from pages 47 and "Reprogramming frequencies" in pages 60. I also have a Cable which to connect the EM3532 to NET1. It is my DIY D-Sub cable but good working with NET1 (i used WSM v3.7) {...}

Okay, so, this goes back to my first point: are you trying to reprogram the receiver's frequency (i.e. the frequency that the receiver is currently tuned to) or are you trying to reprogram the receiver's frequency range (i.e. the 24 MHz block of frequencies that the receiver is capable of tuning to)?

S-MCD and WSM are both capable of changing the receiver's frequency, but you'll need SePT.exe (and service cable, and the equipment necessary to do a re-alignment) to change the receiver's frequency range.

-Russ

Dang Huynh

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 03:40:47 AM »

Okay, so, this goes back to my first point: are you trying to reprogram the receiver's frequency (i.e. the frequency that the receiver is currently tuned to) or are you trying to reprogram the receiver's frequency range (i.e. the 24 MHz block of frequencies that the receiver is capable of tuning to)?

S-MCD and WSM are both capable of changing the receiver's frequency, but you'll need SePT.exe (and service cable, and the equipment necessary to do a re-alignment) to change the receiver's frequency range.

-Russ

I didn't reprogram frequency for the EM 3532 yet. However, as S-MCD 3000 HP manual, i believe we can changed to another frequency range for the EM3532 by S-MCD 3000 HP software with D-Sub cable and Sennheiser NET1. I also connected the EM 3532 to NET 1 with WSM version 3.4.12 however WSM did not capable to changing the frequency ranged. It is just changing the frequency in local ranged (24MHz)
Attached photo is my diagram in my ideal.

And also a Sennheiser NET 1 manual link: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/345799/Sennheiser-Net-1.html?page=28#manual

Thanks

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2021, 12:03:08 PM »

{...} However, as S-MCD 3000 HP manual, i believe we can changed to another frequency range for the EM3532 by S-MCD 3000 HP software with D-Sub cable and Sennheiser NET1. {...}

Why do you believe this? The S-MCD manual doesn't mention anything about reprogramming the frequency range, it only talks about reprogramming frequencies. Reprogramming the frequency range requires specialized tools and software, and also requires physical adjustment of the receiver's circuitry after the reprogramming has happened.

The S-MCD also doesn't mention anything about the Net1. if you want to use S-MCD—which you probably don't, since it doesn't have any extra features beyond what WSM offers—you'll need to connect the EM3532s directly to your computer using an RS-485 adapter.

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2021, 12:03:08 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.