Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Audio Composite Engineering (ACE)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Weogo Reed:
Hi Doug,

I have two ACE/QSC 570 speakers that are doing home stereo duty.

Also a couple 1160s, the ones with 10" woofers and 150 degree dispersion horns.
I've been thinking about blocking the HF driver outlet and installing a neo
10" coax driver for some light, good output monitors...

For anybody who's curious, these boxes were made of inner and outer walls of
carbon-fiber, with about a 12mm honeycomb core between them.
Very stiff, light, strong boxes.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Martin Morris:

--- Quote from: Weogo Reed on June 16, 2021, 10:08:28 AM ---Hi Doug,

I have two ACE/QSC 570 speakers that are doing home stereo duty.

Also a couple 1160s, the ones with 10" woofers and 150 degree dispersion horns.
I've been thinking about blocking the HF driver outlet and installing a neo
10" coax driver for some light, good output monitors...

For anybody who's curious, these boxes were made of inner and outer walls of
carbon-fiber, with about a 12mm honeycomb core between them.
Very stiff, light, strong boxes.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

--- End quote ---

Interesting use of "Fly - track" as a handle ... I like it!

Reminds me of the 2005 Neil Diamond tour that used carbon fiber JBL boxes.

Cheers
Martin

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Martin Morris on June 16, 2021, 07:55:44 PM ---Interesting use of "Fly - track" as a handle ... I like it!

Reminds me of the 2005 Neil Diamond tour that used carbon fiber JBL boxes.

Cheers
Martin

--- End quote ---

Thinking back, the gig I did with the ACE monitors might have been Sound Image, which makes total sense.  The artist could have been The Mavericks.

Neil Diamond was likely Audio Analysts?

Henry Cohen:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on June 16, 2021, 08:25:23 PM ---Neil Diamond was likely Audio Analysts?
--- End quote ---

Maryland Sound.

Kent Clasen:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on June 16, 2021, 03:34:15 AM ---Does anyone have an idea where these enclosures went?

I lifted an ACE stage monitor once and it was so light I was freaked out really impressed.   The JBL lightweight cones were new.   I swear it was only 20ish pounds.

--- End quote ---

Hi Doug-

I seem to recall Mike Adams being involved prior to QSC buying them. IIRC QSC had some ACE type boxes [I was their rep] but I don’t recall much about them other than the weight and high price…  Last I knew Mike was at VUE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version