Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Audio Composite Engineering (ACE)

<< < (3/3)

drew gandy:
Didn't ART have a line of guitar amps built with this stuff too? I want to say it was around 1997.
Back when they were focused on guitar oriented processors... 

Martin Morris:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on June 16, 2021, 08:25:23 PM ---Thinking back, the gig I did with the ACE monitors might have been Sound Image, which makes total sense.  The artist could have been The Mavericks.

Neil Diamond was likely Audio Analysts?

--- End quote ---

I believe the entire "fly in" PA was carbon fiber. The tour in question was in New Zealand. Can't confirm that the monitors were carbon fiber?  -  The main JBL Arrays were definitely carbon Fiber - A little bit of digging around and I found out that Stan Miller (FOH) was involved in a custom design/build JBL Pro shop back then. I wasn't aware of this ...

Wouldn't be surprised if the whole lot was a Stan custom "Fly in" design, and designed as lightweight plane cargo ...

I was helping a good friend in catering .... and was only an observer for that show, so not sure who was touring  ...

Maybe this bit is best suited for HistoryOfConcertSound.org
https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/board,80.0.html
I do vividly remember it being a classic "Stan" kind of Elvis Presley vocal mix ... as you'd expect with an artist like Neil Diamond.

Cherry Cherry ... really stood out!!, but that probably deserves a separate thread ... that's how GOOD it was.

Cheers
Martin

EDIT: For memories sake

Art Welter:

--- Quote from: Martin Morris on July 16, 2021, 04:56:53 AM ---Maybe this bit is best suited for HistoryOfConcertSound.org

--- End quote ---
Martin,

The general rule of thumb for History Of Concert Sound: "1979 or earlier, for now."

Sound Image and Audio Analysts lightweight cabinets were built in the 1980s.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Art Welter on July 16, 2021, 05:23:12 PM ---Martin,

The general rule of thumb for History Of Concert Sound: "1979 or earlier, for now."

Sound Image and Audio Analysts lightweight cabinets were built in the 1980s.

--- End quote ---

Of course that was a little over 9 years ago. 1979 is 9 years farther away now.

Mac

Martin Morris:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on July 16, 2021, 05:47:32 PM ---Of course that was a little over 9 years ago. 1979 is 9 years farther away now.

Mac

--- End quote ---

Thanks ... I was referring more to "Cherry Cherry", circa 1966. I'm sure somebody here was on that late 60's tour/s?

Cheers
Martin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version