Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Change my current system?

<< < (2/10) > >>

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on June 15, 2021, 02:19:42 AM ---My current system is earning money and Iíve not had any complaints regarding sound.

--- End quote ---

I think you answered your own question. 

Kemper Watson:

--- Quote from: Caleb Dueck on June 15, 2021, 06:59:18 AM ---I think you answered your own question.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. He looking to solve a problem that doesn't exist . Throw some Duratex or paint on the scratches and be done with it

Richard Penrose:
Yeah I guess so. Just wish I could achieve similar results with something much smaller and lighter! The DXR15ís are smooth plastic so not really suitable for painting. Iím also curious to hear if there is a noticeable improvement with the large compression driver and tuning by Nexo?? Has anyone on here heard both the mk1 and mk2 systems??
For the outdoor events Iím doing at the moment Iím not really running the system very hard at all and for some I could probably get away with using just the DXR15ís! I would expect the FBT VN2000 to outperform a pair of DXR15ís and if this is the case, the FBT system may be all I need??

Corey Scogin:

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on June 15, 2021, 07:56:49 AM ---Has anyone on here heard both the mk1 and mk2 systems??

--- End quote ---

I've been using both the mk1 and mk2 versions of the DXR12 interchangeably and haven't noticed a difference at all. I don't even bother to look which one I'm using when setting them up in pairs.

I don't think the DSP changed significantly between the two revisions. I suspect maybe only to compensate for the different HF driver. They probably tuned it to match the sound of the existing line.

Richard Penrose:

--- Quote from: Corey Scogin on June 15, 2021, 10:08:19 AM ---I've been using both the mk1 and mk2 versions of the DXR12 interchangeably and haven't noticed a difference at all. I don't even bother to look which one I'm using when setting them up in pairs.

I don't think the DSP changed significantly between the two revisions. I suspect maybe only to compensate for the different HF driver. They probably tuned it to match the sound of the existing line.

--- End quote ---

Thatís disappointing to hear! Yamaha really hyped up the larger compression driver and I was hoping there would be some noticeable improvements, especially as Yamaha increased the price by £200 each when they were launched  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version