Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Source for affordable amp racks?

(1/4) > >>

boburtz:
We had a few amp racks made by IndyCase in Indianapolis, which we love. They are exactly the same size as the rest of our road trunks; 22.5" x 30" x 30" high, shock mounted and have slam-lids with the slide-in lid pocket on the side, all the features we want and a great price to boot. They are perfect. Well evidently IndyCase is no more, and we need a couple more of these cases. Anvil can make them, albeit at twice the price, trying to avoid that expense if possible.

Anybody have a case builder they like with reasonable pricing? I know, it's a tall order at this moment...

Lou Kohley:
Maybe Space Case in Sacramento?
Joe has always taken care of me and builds great cases.

Joe LaRussa - 916-927-3131

LOU

Brian Bolly:

--- Quote from: boburtz on June 13, 2021, 10:52:26 AM ---We had a few amp racks made by IndyCase in Indianapolis, which we love. They are exactly the same size as the rest of our road trunks; 22.5" x 30" x 30" high, shock mounted and have slam-lids with the slide-in lid pocket on the side, all the features we want and a great price to boot. They are perfect. Well evidently IndyCase is no more, and we need a couple more of these cases. Anvil can make them, albeit at twice the price, trying to avoid that expense if possible.

Anybody have a case builder they like with reasonable pricing? I know, it's a tall order at this moment...

--- End quote ---

There's a company that bought all of Indy Case Company's tooling, the old ICC shop foreman works there, and they build the same exact cases - Streamline Cases .  From my searches it seems that they've been around for several years, so it's not like they started up out of the ashes from ICC.

I haven't purchased any yet as I just reached out a couple weeks ago, but the owner Paul was quick to respond and was confident they could match exactly what I had from ICC.

The one thing he did mention (and you should keep in mind) is that the prices quoted now many not be able to be held for long due to the price hikes in raw materials lately.  But reach out and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Lou Kohley on June 13, 2021, 01:04:02 PM ---Maybe Space Case in Sacramento?
Joe has always taken care of me and builds great cases.

Joe LaRussa - 916-927-3131

LOU

--- End quote ---
+1
I've had a couple of custom cases fabricated by Joe.

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Brian Bolly on June 13, 2021, 02:15:55 PM ---The one thing he did mention (and you should keep in mind) is that the prices quoted now many not be able to be held for long due to the price hikes in raw materials lately.  But reach out and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

--- End quote ---

That’s an important point to keep in mind.  Yearly price increases are coming quarterly (or faster) for some mfgrs now.  That 2x price from anvil might not be as outrageous as it initially seems, especially if you’re comparing to prices from a few years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version