ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source for affordable amp racks?  (Read 3665 times)

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
Source for affordable amp racks?
« on: June 13, 2021, 10:52:26 AM »

We had a few amp racks made by IndyCase in Indianapolis, which we love. They are exactly the same size as the rest of our road trunks; 22.5" x 30" x 30" high, shock mounted and have slam-lids with the slide-in lid pocket on the side, all the features we want and a great price to boot. They are perfect. Well evidently IndyCase is no more, and we need a couple more of these cases. Anvil can make them, albeit at twice the price, trying to avoid that expense if possible.

Anybody have a case builder they like with reasonable pricing? I know, it's a tall order at this moment...

Lou Kohley

Re: Source for affordable amp racks?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 01:04:02 PM »

Maybe Space Case in Sacramento?
Joe has always taken care of me and builds great cases.

Joe LaRussa - 916-927-3131

LOU

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 02:15:55 PM »

We had a few amp racks made by IndyCase in Indianapolis, which we love. They are exactly the same size as the rest of our road trunks; 22.5" x 30" x 30" high, shock mounted and have slam-lids with the slide-in lid pocket on the side, all the features we want and a great price to boot. They are perfect. Well evidently IndyCase is no more, and we need a couple more of these cases. Anvil can make them, albeit at twice the price, trying to avoid that expense if possible.

Anybody have a case builder they like with reasonable pricing? I know, it's a tall order at this moment...

There's a company that bought all of Indy Case Company's tooling, the old ICC shop foreman works there, and they build the same exact cases - Streamline Cases .  From my searches it seems that they've been around for several years, so it's not like they started up out of the ashes from ICC.

I haven't purchased any yet as I just reached out a couple weeks ago, but the owner Paul was quick to respond and was confident they could match exactly what I had from ICC.

The one thing he did mention (and you should keep in mind) is that the prices quoted now many not be able to be held for long due to the price hikes in raw materials lately.  But reach out and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 02:19:10 PM by Brian Bolly »

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 03:33:19 PM »

LOU
+1
I've had a couple of custom cases fabricated by Joe.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 06:02:47 PM »

The one thing he did mention (and you should keep in mind) is that the prices quoted now many not be able to be held for long due to the price hikes in raw materials lately.  But reach out and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

That’s an important point to keep in mind.  Yearly price increases are coming quarterly (or faster) for some mfgrs now.  That 2x price from anvil might not be as outrageous as it initially seems, especially if you’re comparing to prices from a few years ago.

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 10:49:07 AM »

There's a company that bought all of Indy Case Company's tooling, the old ICC shop foreman works there, and they build the same exact cases - Streamline Cases
Thanks Brian, I've reached out to Paul and hopefully can get something similar to what we have.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 01:15:24 PM »

That’s an important point to keep in mind.  Yearly price increases are coming quarterly (or faster) for some mfgrs now.  That 2x price from anvil might not be as outrageous as it initially seems, especially if you’re comparing to prices from a few years ago.

Yep.  Inflation in certain products is INSANE right now.  If there's plywood in the case, realize that in just the last year, the cost of that material is up around 300%, and they appear to continue to rise.

Custom built anything is going to cost a LOT more than it did just a few years ago.  All you can do is plan for that in your budgets.
Brian Jojade

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 09:11:05 AM »

That's a bummer that Indy Case is no more. I have a couple of their racks and workboxes and they're amazing. They were good people too, I hope they're off to bigger and better things.

I'm curious to see how your conversation with Streamline goes. Keep us posted!
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 08:51:36 PM »

+1
I've had a couple of custom cases fabricated by Joe.

They also did a road trunk for me and it was perfect for trade shows shipping everything by UPS/DHL freight (vs. the team shipping in cardboard boxes that disappear...) Joe was easy to work with.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2021, 08:22:37 PM »

I just received a new case from Higbee Cases for my CTi1500 dLive console, and holy cats is it built like a tank. I believe Shane (owner of Higbee) builds any type of rack/case you might be interested in - it might be worth giving him  a call as well. He's super easy to work with, shipped incredibly fast, and pricing was in line with everything else I was getting quotes for. The quality appears to be top notch (baltic birch wood throughout).

www.higbeecases.com

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2021, 06:48:02 PM »

I just received a new case from Higbee Cases for my CTi1500 dLive console, and holy cats is it built like a tank. I believe Shane (owner of Higbee) builds any type of rack/case you might be interested in - it might be worth giving him  a call as well. He's super easy to work with, shipped incredibly fast, and pricing was in line with everything else I was getting quotes for. The quality appears to be top notch (baltic birch wood throughout).

www.higbeecases.com

Without your endorsement, I would move right past that site. Copyright date 2014 and this error across the top of the screen:

"Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/hnpn4qh6vwol/public_html/plugins/system/gantry/gantry.php on line 406"

Evidently, they're better at making cases than maintaining websites  ;) .

Was really just trying to find out in what region they were located (to judge if it'd be cost-effective to use them).

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2021, 08:11:05 PM »

Without your endorsement, I would move right past that site. Copyright date 2014 and this error across the top of the screen:

"Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/hnpn4qh6vwol/public_html/plugins/system/gantry/gantry.php on line 406"

Evidently, they're better at making cases than maintaining websites  ;) .

Was really just trying to find out in what region they were located (to judge if it'd be cost-effective to use them).

Dave

Yeah, same here. :) But he came highly recommended from my A&H/Shure/QSC reps - they all recommended him without pause. He's out in Arizona.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2021, 11:21:57 AM »

Yeah, same here. :) But he came highly recommended from my A&H/Shure/QSC reps - they all recommended him without pause. He's out in Arizona.

Thanks, Steve!

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Brandon Scopel

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2021, 03:13:42 PM »

There's a company that bought all of Indy Case Company's tooling, the old ICC shop foreman works there, and they build the same exact cases - Streamline Cases .  From my searches it seems that they've been around for several years, so it's not like they started up out of the ashes from ICC.

I haven't purchased any yet as I just reached out a couple weeks ago, but the owner Paul was quick to respond and was confident they could match exactly what I had from ICC.

Not to brand bash but IIRC talking to the ex-owner of Indycase he did not recondmend them, told me to go to with R&R

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 02:04:57 AM »

Not to brand bash but IIRC talking to the ex-owner of Indycase he did not recondmend them, told me to go to with R&R

Owner of closed business does not recommend business who bought all his machinery and hired his people.  Maybe a little bitterness there?

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2021, 02:12:21 PM »

That's a bummer that Indy Case is no more. I have a couple of their racks and workboxes and they're amazing. They were good people too, I hope they're off to bigger and better things.

I'm curious to see how your conversation with Streamline goes. Keep us posted!
Paul at Streamline Cases built us a pair of identical cases to what we have according to the photos he sent, as he had the original CAD files. I'm glad to have found him and will be more glad to have matching inventory. A tip of the hat to Brain Bolly for enlightening me to Paul's unique ability to match what we have.

Justin McDaid

• Trying to make the world sound a little better
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2021, 03:26:48 AM »

LOU

Yes! Joe @ Space Case has been building me indestructible cases for over twenty years. Great guy and a real craftsman!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber