Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

What is the modern day equivalent of the EAW kf650

(1/8) > >>

Heath Eldridge:
As the title suggests - what would be a lower level pro rig for gigs >average bar gigs/weddings? (Probably not a line array - certainly ground stacked)

Helge A Bentsen:
Fulcrum DX1565?

Matt Vivlamore:
Do you want passive powered or self powered?

Are you looking to do 1 per side or multiples?

Corey Scogin:

--- Quote from: Heath Eldridge on June 11, 2021, 08:36:27 am ---As the title suggests - what would be a lower level pro rig for gigs >average bar gigs/weddings? (Probably not a line array - certainly ground stacked)

--- End quote ---

I don't have experience with the KF650 or either of these options but for the sake of conversation what about the common JBL SRX835 or Yamaha DZR315?
They are relatively "lower" in the market than the KF650 was, they aren't likely as loud, and they aren't really array-able, but they certainly fit the bar gig/wedding level requirement.

John Schalk:

--- Quote from: Corey Scogin on June 11, 2021, 11:11:44 am ---I don't have experience with the KF650 or either of these options but for the sake of conversation what about the common JBL SRX835 or Yamaha DZR315?

--- End quote ---
From what I have seen out and about, the JBL SRX835p is the box that is filling the ground stack, two per side use case most often in my neck of the woods. Of course there are plenty of other options, but I don't really think people are stacking up more than two per side these days, are they?  The only KF650s we have locally are in a permanent (flown) install.  That system does sound very good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version