ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I-Tech 6K replacement  (Read 1794 times)

Mike Monte

• My website
Re: I-Tech 6K replacement?
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 08:36:05 AM »

I'm thinking of replacing my I-Tech 6K amps with newer amps

Of the Itechs that I own, two are IT6000's (original run).
Way back when the ribbon issue was realized I sent both of them back to Crown (on warranty) and they swapped-out the ribbon cables/front panels.
They have been bullet-proof ever since.

I am curious as to why you are considering replacing your current Itechs....are they barking or are you just updating gear??

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: I-Tech 6K replacement
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2021, 01:32:56 PM »

I've been very happy with my QSC PLD4.5 amps. Four channel, yet configurable to 1, 2, or 3, built in DSP, lightweight.

Best regards,

John

I WAS happy with my PLD4.5s.  However, on more than one occasion, the amps would just for no apparent reason decide to not pass audio at a show, even though they did just fine the day before with no changes whatsoever.  And every single time I had an issue, I brought the amps back to the shop to test and could never repeat the problem.  Now I've got one sitting on the floor next to my desk that I get angry looking at every single day.  I'm scared to take it back on the road not knowing if it's going to be fine, or have a fit on me.
Brian Jojade

Rick Powell

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 02:31:24 AM »

Have you looked into the QSC PL380? They’re pretty stout; we had a bunch of them when we ran passive JTR subs and were really impressed by them. Check with Mike Pyle for better pricing.

To me, the PL380, although a great amp, would be a sideways move. Plus losing the good DSP processing of the ITech if you need it. I still power my Danleys with an ITech 6000 and it just works and works, over 10 years and running and who knows how old it was when I got it. If it ever started acting up where I questioned its reliability, I might consider the Powersoft T-series or Danley's DNA re-badged Linea series.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2021, 09:07:25 AM »

Powersoft just announced two new models in the T-series, T902 & T-904.
Talked to our distributor, price/performance looks very good.

https://tinyurl.com/9y5pmk69

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2021, 09:07:25 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 25 queries.