Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

I-Tech 6K replacement

(1/3) > >>

Steve Hurt:
I'm thinking of replacing my I-Tech 6K amps with newer amps
What are modern comparable amps that aren't I-Nukes and aren't unobtanium priced?

(I-Tech 6 K is 3000/w/ch into 4 ohms and has DSP built in - 2 rack spaces)

While I don't use 3kw/ch because that would blow breakers, the amps do make subs grunt really nicely compared to some other amps I've tried
(and for whatever reason, the 6K's have been a lot more trouble free than my older I-Tech 4K's were)

I will be plugging into edison outlets, often GFI protected  (I-Techs and GFI's hate each other for some reason)

Steve Litcher:
Have you looked into the QSC PL380? They’re pretty stout; we had a bunch of them when we ran passive JTR subs and were really impressed by them. Check with Mike Pyle for better pricing.

Chris Grimshaw:
Powersoft T602 springs to mind. 1U, great DSP & control, 2500w/ch into 4ohm.

Oh, and you can directly limit the amp's mains current draw.

Chris

Benjamin Krumholz:

--- Quote from: Steve Hurt on June 09, 2021, 11:05:38 PM ---I'm thinking of replacing my I-Tech 6K amps with newer amps
What are modern comparable amps that aren't I-Nukes and aren't unobtanium priced?

--- End quote ---

You can find great deals on used Itech HD amps and 4 x 3500HD amps online currently.. You should be able to find an IT5000HD or IT9000HD for less than 2k.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/362500951611?epid=9012065003&hash=item5466bd8e3b:g:kBMAAOSw3s9fjcQg

John Halliburton:

--- Quote from: Steve Hurt on June 09, 2021, 11:05:38 PM ---I'm thinking of replacing my I-Tech 6K amps with newer amps

(I-Tech 6 K is 3000/w/ch into 4 ohms and has DSP built in - 2 rack spaces)

While I don't use 3kw/ch because that would blow breakers, the amps do make subs grunt really nicely compared to some other amps I've tried
(and for whatever reason, the 6K's have been a lot more trouble free than my older I-Tech 4K's were)

I will be plugging into edison outlets, often GFI protected  (I-Techs and GFI's hate each other for some reason)

--- End quote ---

I've been very happy with my QSC PLD4.5 amps. Four channel, yet configurable to 1, 2, or 3, built in DSP, lightweight.

Best regards,

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version