Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

The Mac world needs a new OS!

(1/4) > >>

Tim McCulloch:
Yeah, right.  As some developers are still struggling with Big Sur...

Apple remains on the California coast and head to MacOS 15 12, "Monterey."

John L Nobile:
It's become a computer for the masses. Far cry from their 1984 commercial. But did they have to forget about the professionals that use Macs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q7iX0QWaTg

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: John L Nobile on June 07, 2021, 03:44:28 PM ---It's become a computer for the masses. Far cry from their 1984 commercial. {...}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q7iX0QWaTg

--- End quote ---

I mean, to be fair, I always thought the point of that ad was that Apple is for the masses (i.e. the people) as opposed to the corporate overloads.

-Russ

Steve Litcher:
I firmly believe the arbitrary annual new OS releases are shooting Apple users in the foot. It seems to take Dante, Waves, and others in our industry nearly a year to catch-up with major releases from Apple. And while I can't really prove it, I feel like the quality of the Apple ownership experience has declined over the years.

I've been an Apple fanatic since getting my first //c back in 1985/6; I started using the ][+ around 1981/82. I saved my lawn mowing money to buy Apple stock (my dad later sold it without my knowledge.... granted it was like 10 shares but...).

But over the years, things went from "it just works" and "it's intuitive" to resembling more of the Windows world. My upgrade to Catalina was a complete nightmare that included me having to completely blow-away all of the preferences/plists/etc related to the wireless adapter and rebuilding them. Reminded me an awful lot of trying to get printer drivers to work properly back with Windows 98/ME.

I guess I'm just getting too old and I probably sound like the old man who starts stories with "back in my day!" But I sure do wish Apple would focus less on releasing new stuff every year.

Scott Helmke:

--- Quote from: Steve Litscher on June 07, 2021, 04:22:32 PM ---I guess I'm just getting too old and I probably sound like the old man who starts stories with "back in my day!" But I sure do wish Apple would focus less on releasing new stuff every year.

--- End quote ---

It's basically retailing.  If you don't change your store layout every few months and update the graphics, everybody thinks you're going out of business.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version