Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Audio Measurement and Testing

Sound Physics Lab TD-1

(1/3) > >>

Bobby Gonzales:
Hi everyone, I just picked up 6 TD-1 cabinets. I would like to tri amp them but I can't find any information on the crossover points. Does anyone have the manual or know?
I cant find the manual anywhere.

THANK YOU

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Bobby G on June 07, 2021, 02:02:11 PM ---{...}

--- End quote ---

Hi Bobby!

To post on these forums you'll need to set your Display Name to be your full, real name. If you change it quickly you might beat the mod that's inevitably coming to lock this thread.

(Also, just because it isn't sticky-ed anywhere, please be advised that e-mail notifications don't work.)

-Russ

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Bobby Gonzales on June 07, 2021, 02:02:11 PM ---Hi everyone, I just picked up 6 TD-1 cabinets. I would like to tri amp them but I can't find any information on the crossover points. Does anyone have the manual or know?

THANK YOU

--- End quote ---

Well, after about 15 minutes of searching I wasn't even able to find a PDF of the spec sheet, which I'm almost impressed by. Hopefully someone has some paperwork still lying around somewhere.

-Russ

Riley Casey:
Maybe start on this thread

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=168190.20

drew gandy:

--- Quote from: Bobby Gonzales on June 07, 2021, 02:02:11 PM ---Hi everyone, I just picked up 6 TD-1 cabinets. I would like to tri amp them but I can't find any information on the crossover points. Does anyone have the manual or know?

THANK YOU

--- End quote ---

These types of designs aren't just about simple crossover frequency numbers. The crossover from the compression driver to the mids is particularly important. But if you want simple numbers they are roughly 300Hz and 1.3Khz. Yes, that's a low crossover frequency for a 1" compression driver! 

Documentation for these was pretty slim even when new. I have some and I hope to upload a few different things in the coming weeks. But of course, that other thread that Nathan did had a lot of info. He did some significant leg work both in research AND cleaning up his boxen. Hopefully he reaped some benefits for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version