ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help on the A & H Forum website  (Read 2043 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Need help on the A & H Forum website
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 11:17:30 PM »

I know if you go back to edit a post (you only have something like within 5 minutes to do it)
you need to be sure to un-check the box that says something like "keep a log of this edit".
If you do not un-check that box you get stuck as for some reason it thinks your a spammer.

Slight topic swerve - other forum sites have very narrow edit/delete windows.  I'm accustomed to the generous time afforded here at The LAB/Lounge, Control Booth dot com, and Soundforums dot net.  I was very surprised when, as a new participant in hobby/recreation forums, a poster had minutes - not hours or days - to make corrections, additions, or retractions.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 10:41:01 AM »

Slight topic swerve - other forum sites have very narrow edit/delete windows.  I'm accustomed to the generous time afforded here at The LAB/Lounge, Control Booth dot com, and Soundforums dot net.  I was very surprised when, as a new participant in hobby/recreation forums, a poster had minutes - not hours or days - to make corrections, additions, or retractions.
It's a setting that the admin can change. You have to balance between allowing people to fix their post, and not derailing a thread after 100 replies the OP deletes their post, making the whole thread irrelevant. The setting should be set based on the activity of the web site. If you typically get several replies within a day, then the timeout should be hours, if it's a smaller forum that replies dribble in over days, then you should allow a couple of days for editing.
In a modern forum you can have different settings based on the history of a poster, like if they have been a member for a while they can get a longer time to edit or delete their posts compared to someone who just joined.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 10:02:06 PM »

I got in!!.... on my own. I just kept trying different combinations leaving a few hours between attempts and finally found the right combination. No-one ever did get back to me from the forum so I can only conclude that the forms I was filling in over and over were as I suspected NOT getting through indicating I was going round in circles after all.   
Thanks all .....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 10:02:06 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.