ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Powerd speakers suggestions  (Read 5650 times)

Steve Lowe

Small Powerd speakers suggestions
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »

Im looking for a set of decent powered speakers perhaps 8" or 10" would like to stay in the $200 to $250 range if possible. I have a db 12" powered sub. I mainly use my laptop as my music source and ocassionally an acoustic guitar. Usually just 1 singer and ocassionally 2 singers max. Venue size about 150 max. Thanks for suggestions. Was thinking about Berhiniger powered 8" or 10"

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: Small Powerd speakers suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:19:02 AM »

Im looking for a set of decent powered speakers perhaps 8" or 10" would like to stay in the $200 to $250 range if possible. I have a db 12" powered sub. I mainly use my laptop as my music source and ocassionally an acoustic guitar. Usually just 1 singer and ocassionally 2 singers max. Venue size about 150 max. Thanks for suggestions. Was thinking about Berhiniger powered 8" or 10"
Just to verify, that is $200 to $250 each and not for a pair, correct?  Do you also need stands and cables included within that budget?

Steve Lowe

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:27:22 PM »

Just to verify, that is $200 to $250 each and not for a pair, correct?  Do you also need stands and cables included within that budget?

my mistake yes that is each speaker. Don't need to anything else included. I have a large system so I have cables stands etc. thanks

Robert Patch

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »

Im looking for a set of decent powered speakers perhaps 8" or 10" would like to stay in the $200 to $250 range if possible.

Save up and get the EV ZXA1.

Gus Housen

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 02:19:32 PM »

There really isnt anything good in the $200 to $250 each Powered speaker price range. Certainly nothing anyone is going to recomend. You might be able to find some used JBL eon's for that.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »

There really isnt anything good in the $200 to $250 each Powered speaker price range. Certainly nothing anyone is going to recomend. You might be able to find some used JBL eon's for that.
Agreed. Perhaps for the size gigs you say, a single, better quality speaker might do the job?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Steve Lowe

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »

Agreed. Perhaps for the size gigs you say, a single, better quality speaker might do the job?
Thanks I'll just spend a little more any suggestions.

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 04:52:18 PM »

Thanks I'll just spend a little more any suggestions.

Has anyone tried the Mackie TH12A?

Steve Lowe

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »

Has anyone tried the Mackie TH12A?
I have Mackie 450's that I use with my 18" QSC. just looking for something for smaller gigs to us with my 12" db technologies sub. Like to do 8" or 10" speakers

Daniel Cash

• SR Forums
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »

I have Mackie 450's that I use with my 18" QSC. just looking for something for smaller gigs to us with my 12" db technologies sub. Like to do 8" or 10" speakers

Well, if that is the case, then you cant go wrong with the ZXA1. They are super small and have a lot of output for their size. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.