Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Who's the boss ?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Keith Broughton on June 04, 2021, 08:43:37 PM ---I was once asked to mute a mic at an AGM where the rules allowed unlimited input from shareholders but one particular person went on and on. I suggested it would not be a good idea but my producer insisted so I cut it.
It did not go well  ::)
Will not do that again.

--- End quote ---

At one wedding, falling-down drunk friend of the groom grabbed his mic during the toasts. The laserbeam stare of Bridezilla and Bridezilla's Mom made it quite clear what needed to be done......
At a corporate gig, no way would I cut a mic.  That's what a stage manager is for.....
I did have one CEO grab my talkback, and blast one of the presenters.........
Chris.

John Fruits:

--- Quote from: Chris Hindle on June 05, 2021, 11:56:20 PM ---I did have one CEO grab my talkback, and blast one of the presenters.........
Chris.

--- End quote ---
Shouldn't the CEO have their own demigod mic?

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: John Fruits on June 06, 2021, 01:33:42 AM ---Shouldn't the CEO have their own demigod mic?

--- End quote ---
He had 2. One on stage, and a wireless at his seat.
He came up to me to lay out some changes, heard something he didn't like, grabbed my talkback and said "make this work"
Interesting guy. i got a big tip that day.
Chris.

Milt Hathaway:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on June 03, 2021, 09:35:13 PM ---
That is right in my back yard, I know who AJ is.  I would not have turned it down and I think the event organizer is in for a world of hurting.

--- End quote ---

And they were: https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/oh-summit/hudson-american-legion-to-close-permanently-after-cutting-veterans-mic-during-memorial-day-speech

Spenser Hamilton:

--- Quote from: Milt Hathaway on June 06, 2021, 11:37:00 AM ---And they were: https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/oh-summit/hudson-american-legion-to-close-permanently-after-cutting-veterans-mic-during-memorial-day-speech

--- End quote ---

Imagine getting a whole Legion shut down because you decided to inject your own politics into a community event, hope they are proud of themselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version