ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange noises from the wireless microphone  (Read 1902 times)

Sungkweon Ko

Strange noises from the wireless microphone
« on: May 30, 2021, 08:52:57 AM »

Hello
I've been hearing strange noises from the wireless microphone for a while. I can feel the click noise echoing. I dropped the receiver and repaired the substrate before, but I used it without any problems for about a year. Has anyone heard of this noise?

https://soundcloud.com/soundfancy/wireless-mic-noise-sample/s-g4RcRb98Pvl

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 09:04:10 AM »

Hello
I've been hearing strange noises from the wireless microphone for a while. I can feel the click noise echoing. I dropped the receiver and repaired the substrate before, but I used it without any problems for about a year. Has anyone heard of this noise?

Please go to your profile and change your name to your real full name as required by the posting rules.

Mac
admin

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: Strange noises from the wireless microphone
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 03:12:36 PM »

Hello

It reminds of the sound that some audio equipment (not just wireless) would make when there was a cellphone too close to it (although I haven't heard that kind of induced noise in a while).

What kind of wireless microphone are you using?

-Russ

Sungkweon Ko

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 08:53:07 AM »

I'm using JTS R-4. One of the four channels is causing problems. I wonder if it's a receiver or a transmeter problem. And I think this phenomenon happened around 2 p.m. by chance.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:57:39 AM by Sungkweon Ko »

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 05:20:03 PM »

I'm using JTS R-4. One of the four channels is causing problems. I wonder if it's a receiver or a transmeter problem. And I think this phenomenon happened around 2 p.m. by chance.

Handhelds or lavs?

(As a total aside: I hadn't looked into the JTR wireless equipment before, and those handhelds look...eerily similar to the Sennheiser G3 ones, right down to the font on the orange-backlit LCD. Huh.)

-Russ

Sungkweon Ko

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 10:20:20 AM »

Yes, I used to use a handheld. It was a model called JTS JSS-4B.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 01:51:53 PM »

Yes, I used to use a handheld. It was a model called JTS JSS-4B.

Hm. Well, as I mentioned, I have no experience with JTS wireless. I just listened again, and it still sounds like cellphone interference. If it was only happening on the one channel out of four then it's probably an issues on the transmitter end rather than the receiver end.

Did you experience this issue with anyone else using that microphone, or just this person? If it was just this person, my guess (and it really is just a guess) is that he had a cellphone in the pocket of his shirt or jacket that was right next to the transmitter, and the cellphone's wireless signal was interfering with the audio electronics in the transmitter.

-Russ

Sungkweon Ko

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 10:04:54 AM »

There were three cases of noise from the hand transistor, and the user and location were different. Similarly, the time that occurred is around 2 p.m. And this noise is hard to hear often. One thing's for sure: there's a fine, regular noise in the noisy hand transmeters (attached). The sound is small, so I amplified it a lot and attached it.) So I sent the A/S through the reseller, and I'm waiting for the result.

https://soundcloud.com/soundfancy/jts-test-2021-5-30-b/s-vaQcBkBs8ti

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 02:10:28 PM »

There were three cases of noise from the hand transistor, and the user and location were different. Similarly, the time that occurred is around 2 p.m. And this noise is hard to hear often. One thing's for sure: there's a fine, regular noise in the noisy hand transmeters (attached). The sound is small, so I amplified it a lot and attached it.) So I sent the A/S through the reseller, and I'm waiting for the result.

https://soundcloud.com/soundfancy/jts-test-2021-5-30-b/s-vaQcBkBs8ti

Ah, okay. Might be a transmitter issue, then, although it could be interference from another source. What frequencies are you using?

-Russ

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2021, 04:38:27 PM »

You can narrow the problem down by switching transmitter and receiver pairings.  If a different transmitter has the same problem on the same channel of the receiver, that's likely to mean that it's a problem in the receiver.  You can try changing frequencies being used to see if that helps.

My gut feeling would be this is being created at the receiver end, especially since you say you dropped the receiver.  It's possible that the jar shook loose some of the RF shielding internally, and now the external noise source is able to get into that particular channel of the receiver.  RF noise that's strong enough doesn't need to match the frequency you are using, it just simply overpowers everything and causes problems.

If that's the case, then sending the receiver in for repair would be the logical next step.
Brian Jojade

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2021, 02:43:33 AM »

You can narrow the problem down by switching transmitter and receiver pairings.  If a different transmitter has the same problem on the same channel of the receiver, that's likely to mean that it's a problem in the receiver.  You can try changing frequencies being used to see if that helps.

My gut feeling would be this is being created at the receiver end, especially since you say you dropped the receiver.  It's possible that the jar shook loose some of the RF shielding internally, and now the external noise source is able to get into that particular channel of the receiver.  RF noise that's strong enough doesn't need to match the frequency you are using, it just simply overpowers everything and causes problems.

If that's the case, then sending the receiver in for repair would be the logical next step.

I think I must have glossed over the damage in the original post, and I absolutely agree.

-Russ

Sungkweon Ko

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2021, 02:40:32 AM »

I live in Korea and use the 925~937.5 MHz band. I can't remember the exact frequency because I've sent the repair. At the time of the performance, I had a group scan and used a different channel in the same group.

Sungkweon Ko

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2021, 02:43:37 AM »

Yes, I'm suspicious of the receiver, but I think it's more expensive to repair than the hand transmitter and because of the nature of the 4-channel receiver, the rest of the channels will be unavailable during the repair period, so I hope it's not a malfunction.

Sungkweon Ko

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2021, 09:04:21 PM »

Ah, okay. Might be a transmitter issue, then, although it could be interference from another source. What frequencies are you using?

-Russ

I am in Korea. I am using the 925~937.5Mhz band. I am in Korea. I don't remember the exact frequency, but I used the frequency in the same group after the group scan.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2021, 09:04:21 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.