ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure Announces WWB support with SLXD  (Read 869 times)

Justin Quinn

Shure Announces WWB support with SLXD
« on: May 30, 2021, 06:26:44 AM »

(see photo)
Does anyone know anything more in-depth about this?  This does mean full, un-handicapped monitoring and control of SLXD systems with WWB6 and Shure+ channels?

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: Shure Announces WWB support with SLXD
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 03:19:11 PM »

{...} This does mean full, un-handicapped monitoring and control of SLXD systems with WWB6 and Shure+ channels?

I'm no insider, but the Shure press release uses the word "compatible" (as in "Shure’s Wireless Workbench® 6 software and ShurePlus™ Channels iOS app will be compatible with SLX-D later this summer"), which sure implies it.

Makes me wonder if QLXD has much of a future?

-Russ

Justin Quinn

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 01:57:55 PM »

I'm no insider, but the Shure press release uses the word "compatible" (as in "Shure’s Wireless Workbench® 6 software and ShurePlus™ Channels iOS app will be compatible with SLX-D later this summer"), which sure implies it.

Makes me wonder if QLXD has much of a future?

-Russ
I'm not 100% sure if SLXD w/ WWB will hurt QLXD or not.  Not sure your experience, but I have both QLXD and SLXD systems, even if SLXD had WWB6 support I still would get QLXD in many cases.  I like the bodypacks much better, the higher channel density, and it just seems like an overall higher quality product.  I've really put the QLXDs through hell and worst-case-scenario RF situations and they perform perfectly 100% of the time.  I haven't had my SLXD out enough to thoroughly put them through the paces.

I feel like the people looking for an "SLXD class" product (small churches, schools, DJs, you know) wouldn't actually take advantage of WWB anyways.  And any serious buyer looking for WWB support, would probably be interested in the build quality and higher channel density of QLXD (or ULXD/Axient) anyways.

By no means am I saying SLXD shouldn't have WWB support, I'm really excited for it, but I don't think the addition will hurt QLXD too much IMHO.  The release of SLXD alone probably did all the damage that was going to be done.  I personally have recommended QLXD to many people that really don't need all of its capabilities simply because a product like SLXD didn't exist at the time.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 01:57:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.