ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doing an article for Live Sound Magazine and PSW Jump in and show off  (Read 1606 times)

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!

Hi all,

We are going to be running an article about companies getting back to work and would like to feature folks here.

Post a picture of the rig at the gig and tell me the basics like what the gig was, where it was, when it was, anything special you did, etc.  You know, the who, what, when, where, and possibly why about the gig.

I’m loading a truck today for a big wedding event tomorrow and I will post after the gig but feel free to get the ball rolling with all sorts of live gigs like graduations, weddings, concerts, club dates, cousin Larry’s Bar Mitzvah, etc

My editor Keith will grab some of the submissions and use them in the next issue of Live Sound Magazine and here on Pro Sound Web so don’t post to this thread if you don’t want to get famous and have throngs of admirers bothering you until you retire! Hey, aren’t you the company that did Larry’s Bar Mitzvah? Can I have your autograph?

Thanks in advance and even if you don’t post I hope you are all getting back to work.

Craig

Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

Hi all,

We are going to be running an article about companies getting back to work and would like to feature folks here.

Post a picture of the rig at the gig and tell me the basics like what the gig was, where it was, when it was, anything special you did, etc.  You know, the who, what, when, where, and possibly why about the gig.

I’m loading a truck today for a big wedding event tomorrow and I will post after the gig but feel free to get the ball rolling with all sorts of live gigs like graduations, weddings, concerts, club dates, cousin Larry’s Bar Mitzvah, etc

My editor Keith will grab some of the submissions and use them in the next issue of Live Sound Magazine and here on Pro Sound Web so don’t post to this thread if you don’t want to get famous and have throngs of admirers bothering you until you retire! Hey, aren’t you the company that did Larry’s Bar Mitzvah? Can I have your autograph?

Thanks in advance and even if you don’t post I hope you are all getting back to work.

Craig

Craig

This is for the roundtable Keith sent out Right, or is this something else?
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!

This is for the roundtable Keith sent out Right, or is this something else?

This is for a separate article
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com

Scott Holtzman

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio

I have a few tentative bookings, but with Covid picking up again in the UK, I don't know if they'll be going ahead.

I'm spending this weekend blasting away the dust - running the subwoofers up at 10Hz to make sure the cones are still moving freely, etc etc. So far, there's a 21" sub which has a serious coil scrape. I've had money's worth out of it - it was the "beater" that got sent out for house parties etc (people's eyes always light up when I drag that thing in through the door), but it'd be nice if it still worked. For now, I've rotated it and am hoping it'll pull itself back to centre. Better to find it now than at a gig.

Right now, I'm procrastinating getting all the amp/speaker presets tidied up in Armonia+. After that, I'll set up my desk/amps/router network and make sure the iPads & laptop are still happy with everything.

If the events go ahead, I'll see about posting up some photos. It'd be great to see what the rest of you are up to.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage

so don’t post to this thread if you don’t want to get famous and have throngs of admirers bothering you until you retire! Hey, aren’t you the company that did Larry’s Bar Mitzvah? Can I have your autograph?
Will we be so famous that we'll be infamous?

Here's mine: May 1 and 2, 2021, recording the Tulsa Opera's concert, Greenwood Overcomes, part of the 100th anniversary commemoration of the Tulsa Race Massacre. The recording of this concert will be broadcast later this summer nationally on NPR.

Recording to redundant Protools systems, using my Focusrite Red 8Pre with HD Native and Dante Virtual Soundcard. Preamps are: The Red 8Pre, Focusritre Clarett OctaPres, and True Systems Preciion 8. The Focusrite AM2 provides monitoring for the DVS back up recording. Everything was synced to time code for a multi camera video shoot.

This was my first gig with a real live audience since March 10, 2020.

DOH! I forgot that the forum only allows tiny crappy, low res pictures...hang on while I go upload them to my website and relink them here....

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 01:46:35 PM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!

Well, I did a wedding gig on Sunday outside at a beautiful golf course here in Reno. The ceremony was held on a grassy area in the Sun and it was so hot I had to put some banjo cloth drapes over my gear to shade it. The venue was great and provided us with an umbrella. We stuck the wireless packs in a cooler with bagged ice to make sure we didn’t burn somebody when we clipped a mic on.

Unfortunately the pictures of the speakers at the ceremony and the pics of the system we rented to the DJ had glare but here is a pic of one of my guys, Phil Prunier standing at FOH after we got the system up and running.

Under the cloth are 4 Electro Voice RE3 wireless lavalier systems, and a QSC TouchMix16 powered by an A-Ipower inverter generator. In addition to the wireless we also used SM58s on stands for the singer and interpreter. Speakers for the ceremony were Renkus-Heinz RH62s. The DJ rig was a Mackie DFX12 feeding Alto Truesonic 15” on stands and a RE3 handheld plus SM58.

Hope you are all getting back to work

Craig

TechWorksReno.com

Scott Holtzman

Well, I did a wedding gig on Sunday outside at a beautiful golf course here in Reno. The ceremony was held on a grassy area in the Sun and it was so hot I had to put some banjo cloth drapes over my gear to shade it. The venue was great and provided us with an umbrella. We stuck the wireless packs in a cooler with bagged ice to make sure we didn’t burn somebody when we clipped a mic on.

Unfortunately the pictures of the speakers at the ceremony and the pics of the system we rented to the DJ had glare but here is a pic of one of my guys, Phil Prunier standing at FOH after we got the system up and running.

Under the cloth are 4 Electro Voice RE3 wireless lavalier systems, and a QSC TouchMix16 powered by an A-Ipower inverter generator. In addition to the wireless we also used SM58s on stands for the singer and interpreter. Speakers for the ceremony were Renkus-Heinz RH62s. The DJ rig was a Mackie DFX12 feeding Alto Truesonic 15” on stands and a RE3 handheld plus SM58.

Hope you are all getting back to work

Craig

Nice Craig, yes we are getting back to work too.  I will have pics back from a weekend reggae club gig and content I am putting together for the roundtable to get out this week.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve Mason

Lincoln County Oregon Fair and Music Festival.  4X Srx 815sp over 4 X SRX828sp.  Passive Peavey monitors running on Crown XLS amps with a simple two zone feed from the FOH (Mackie SR24.4 VLZ Pro 24). Lexicon MX200/ Alesis Stereo 24 band graphic equalizer/ Autocom Pro Compressor in the rack. Shure 57's and 58's/Sennheiser 835's and bag full of Digital Reference SM-57 clones for when I have a group like the local drum circle and they show up with 20 people. This is the biggest thing I do all year and it's about 200-300 people at any given time  in the venue beer garden for the fair. The fair passes 10-12k bodies through the gates during the 3 days so the music is heard by many more around the fairgrounds.  I also do a smaller boxes on sticks gig over at the rodeo grounds for the "Dance in the Dirt" in the rodeo arena at the conclusion of the rodeo.    Pro-sumer Peavey 18' subs with 15's on sticks and 12" monitors powered by Crown XLS amps and a 12 channel Soundcraft EFX mixer.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 05:41:40 PM by Steve Mason »
Proz Act Audio
Relax. We got ya covered.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Doing an article for Live Sound Magazine and PSW Jump in and show off
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 05:34:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.