ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meet the new laborers, same as the old laborers  (Read 4369 times)

Scott Helmke

Re: Meet the new laborers, same as the old laborers
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2021, 10:01:49 PM »

We've essentially been through a war, though not one fought on our own soil (USA has been very lucky in that regard).  A very large number of Americans have died or been disabled, the supply chains have been shifted a bit because of different priorities, and we're now struggling to get back to "normal".  But like any war, a lot of people are dealing with PTSD at various levels and the whole thing is going to take a while to sort itself out.  Not everybody is going to go back to the same career they had before, not every business is going to survive.

We are living in extraordinary times.  There will be books and movies about this period.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2021, 12:43:56 AM »

We've essentially been through a war, though not one fought on our own soil (USA has been very lucky in that regard).  A very large number of Americans have died or been disabled, the supply chains have been shifted a bit because of different priorities, and we're now struggling to get back to "normal".  But like any war, a lot of people are dealing with PTSD at various levels and the whole thing is going to take a while to sort itself out.  Not everybody is going to go back to the same career they had before, not every business is going to survive.

We are living in extraordinary times.  There will be books and movies about this period.

Oh I agree and that is fine, we should be able to talk about it and have resources in place to help our work family re-matreiculate.   Even my emotionally even keel self, pinnacle of rationality and calmness in the center of the storm (yeah right) has been a little unshuffled in my mental deck lately.  Getting the key in the ignition is not the problem but some days hitting the starter is harder than it should be.

It's off topic but we are the kings of thread drift, my wife's father passed away, they were not close as he had remarried when she was very young but he was around and talked and we would visit when in Florida.  Anyway when he passed she was named executor of the will so she has been in Florida now for over 60 days packing up things her brother wants, holding garage and estate sales and waiting for the house to transfer to her name so she can sell it.  This is the longest period in our 20+ years together of being apart and it has been challenging for me.  She keeps me centered and we do well together so the combination of being isolated, actually going through a week of having COVID and the recovery and now the restart by myself has added another flavor to this time.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2021, 01:42:20 AM »

Understood Scott, sorry for the loss in your family.

Managing the psyche can be a challenge for sure.

For me, it's quiet time at night out on the back patio with my dogs and a good cigar.  That's basically my daily meditation or quiet time - without which things gradually decline to "off center" if you know what I mean. 

Your self awareness is good sir - may she return home soon and things return to normal.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 12:45:27 PM by Steve-White »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2021, 01:42:20 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.