ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get 2nd ls9 to run in Studio Manager / DME network.  (Read 3257 times)

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
Warning: Very Old Topic :-) LS9 Connection to Studio Manager
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 02:17:03 PM »

With some downtime lately (Where have we heard that before?) I thought I'd spend some time with Studio Manager and my two LS9s.  I found an old PSW post about it and followed the instructions.

I loaded up DME-N on my laptop, and had the most recent version of Studio Manager, as well as the most recent firmware in the consoles.  After some futzing around, I did get the LS9-16 talking to the laptop, but repeating the same steps (except for a different IP address and port number) for the LS9-32 provided no joy.  The laptop could see it was there, but there was no communication.  Then I did some more searching and found this thread.

As the OP eventually discovered, the device you're trying to connect with has to be designated Port 1.  This setting is in the DME-N driver software, and nowhere else that I could find.  Certainly it's not a setting in the console.  So it appears that connecting to two consoles at the same time is not going to happen.  It might work if I had two computers, each running its own DME-N, and with their own IP addresses, on the same network, but I didn't go that far to try it.  I did discover that simply renaming the un-used console's port number to something other than 1 (I used 3), and the target console as "1", works without having to completely remove the entry from the DME-N table.

It makes me wonder what kind of hoops the developers of broadcast automation software had to jump through to get the automation to talk to the console.  Obviously, just having an ethernet port on the back is only the first step in getting things to work the way you want them to.

GTD

ProSoundWeb Community

Warning: Very Old Topic :-) LS9 Connection to Studio Manager
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 02:17:03 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.