Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Anybody used a motion sensor to turn powered speakers on/off?

(1/2) > >>

Tim Weaver:
I'm about to hang 2 K10's in a permanent install situation. This is a sunday school classroom, so used once a week but the teachers will come in and do planning, load the pro presenter, etc during the week.

The lights are on a motion sensor already. Has anyone used a similar system for powered speakers? This would be ideal in my case since the end users are not techs. They are volunteers. This would just turn the rig on when someone walks in and turn it off after, say 30 minutes or so. Would keep the hours down considerably, but would be completely transparent to the users.

What are your thoughts?

Tim Weaver:
I guess "Occupancy Sensor" is the correct nomenclature. Looking to use this Leviton unit. It can switch 1000 watts and is rated for a 1/4hp motor so I think it should be fine for a pair of K10's.

https://www.leviton.com/en/products/odc0s-i1w

Lou Kohley:
Don't the K10s have a standby mode? Where they turn on once they start getting audio.

LOU

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Lou Kohley on May 20, 2021, 05:01:02 pm ---Don't the K10s have a standby mode? Where they turn on once they start getting audio.

LOU

--- End quote ---

That's a very good question that I should probably find the answer for! lol.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on May 20, 2021, 05:23:16 pm ---
That's a very good question that I should probably find the answer for! lol.

--- End quote ---

They do have a terminal block for remote on off switch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version