ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Liability Insurance - again.....  (Read 2697 times)

Mike Monte

• My website
Liability Insurance - again.....
« on: May 20, 2021, 08:35:59 AM »

With Covid restrictions (performance-wise) easing in my area it's time to "step back into the ring" as far as sound production.

My liability insurance policy has run May 1st to April 30th since I started doing sound.
Fortunately I did not re-up last year's policy as there was no work for me....

I have made the conscious decision to perform more (as a musician) this year rather than do sound but I plan on still doing my few annual sound-gigs...
so
it's time to shop-around for liability insurance.

I am looking for the usual civic-friendly spec: 1 million dollars per occurrence, with 2 mil. aggregate for a one-man/part time operation.  I don't "fly gear", etc. as my work is at the one-off / local level.
I have never had an incident where a claim was filed.

I could go back to my usual provider but it's always good to shop around.

What do you use?

Mike M

doug johnson2

Re: Liability Insurance - again.....
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 11:47:58 AM »

When I shopped around last year, I found Next Insurance to have the best price.  They actually seemed to know what it is we do and classify things correctly.  It is also very easy to get certificates of insurance from them as well.  I used to have to chase my last agent to get one sent.  They are rated pretty well but, everybody's insurance company is the best in the world until you actually have a claim.  I have never had a claim.

Mal Brown

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 12:33:22 PM »

Pre pandy I was with Liberty Mutual.  Still have them for gear.  I'll sign up for liability with them again when the gigs start to flow.  A big part of Liberty for me was the local agent has her head screwed on straight.  I found her as she was writing for some contractors and food trucks I know.

I still have my instruments with MusicPro.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Don Davis

• So Cal
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 03:37:39 PM »

With Covid restrictions (performance-wise) easing in my area it's time to "step back into the ring" as far as sound production.

My liability insurance policy has run May 1st to April 30th since I started doing sound.
Fortunately I did not re-up last year's policy as there was no work for me....

I have made the conscious decision to perform more (as a musician) this year rather than do sound but I plan on still doing my few annual sound-gigs...
so
it's time to shop-around for liability insurance.

I am looking for the usual civic-friendly spec: 1 million dollars per occurrence, with 2 mil. aggregate for a one-man/part time operation.  I don't "fly gear", etc. as my work is at the one-off / local level.
I have never had an incident where a claim was filed.

I could go back to my usual provider but it's always good to shop around.

What do you use?

Mike M

Hi Mike,
I use these guys for gear coverage and liability, they've been pretty good to deal with.
Snapp & associates
www.snappassociates.com
438 Camino Del Rio S Ste 112
San Diego, CA 92108
Ph#: 619-908-3100

Don

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 04:02:29 PM »

When I shopped around last year, I found Next Insurance to have the best price.  They actually seemed to know what it is we do and classify things correctly.  It is also very easy to get certificates of insurance from them as well.  I used to have to chase my last agent to get one sent.  They are rated pretty well but, everybody's insurance company is the best in the world until you actually have a claim.  I have never had a claim.

I just signed onto NEXT.
Thanks a bunch.

MM

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 04:51:59 AM »

I just signed onto NEXT.
Thanks a bunch.

MM

I just got an amazing quote from NEXT, signing up tomorrow.  Do you know if they offer inland marine as an option?
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 07:58:14 AM »

I just got an amazing quote from NEXT, signing up tomorrow.  Do you know if they offer inland marine as an option?
not sure....

Mike Karseboom

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 12:49:44 PM »

NEXT insurance:  great instant quote!  But when I started asking for details about my one man small production company with "typical" small provider activities and concerns the follow up email says:

"We are unable to provide coverage for the services you provide with one policy at this time...Check back in a few months..."

Once again it seems only a few specialty insurers will even offer coverage for what we do.  And the quotes from them a typically a lot higher.

--Mike
"If you're not confused, you don't know what is going on"

Live Sound for the Mt. Shasta area
http://www.shastalivesound.com

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 07:43:09 PM »

I just resigned with Specialty Insurance Agency. I'm a small one man operation that sometimes has another to assist. 3M/5M with 1 additional person was about $500 for a year. 
https://www.specialtyinsuranceagency.com/

Inland Marine I'm with Music Pro
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

doug johnson2

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2021, 03:06:05 PM »

The products Next offers seems to vary from state to state.  Their website says the cover tools and equipment so that would be inland marine.  During covid, I kept my liability and business auto (not through next) and dropped everything else.  I know they keep offering me worker's comp at a pretty low rate.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2021, 11:06:20 PM »

Hi Mike,
I use these guys for gear coverage and liability, they've been pretty good to deal with.
Snapp & associates
www.snappassociates.com
438 Camino Del Rio S Ste 112
San Diego, CA 92108
Ph#: 619-908-3100

... I had to "move on" from Snapp after the customer service took a dive. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an answer to an emailed question regarding coverages in under six WEEKS.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2021, 10:37:53 PM »

For those of you that run a small sound reinforcement company that applied with Next Insurance, what did you choose for " What type of work do you do?
Audio Services, Sound Engineering Technician, DJ, or something else?

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 03:10:03 PM »

... I had to "move on" from Snapp after the customer service took a dive. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an answer to an emailed question regarding coverages in under six WEEKS.

I moved on from Snapp to Ascend to get a ProSight policy, but now their customer service is lagging, as well.

Since I'm doing construction too, I need to get a risk manager involved, I guess.

Tim
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Ken Braziel

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 03:48:34 PM »

Pre pandy I was with Liberty Mutual.  Still have them for gear.  I'll sign up for liability with them again when the gigs start to flow.  A big part of Liberty for me was the local agent has her head screwed on straight.  I found her as she was writing for some contractors and food trucks I know.

I used them pre-Pandemic as well, but when I tried to re-up recently the broker said they're no longer providing liability insurance in CA because of the fires we've had over the last few years.

Broker is supposedly farming my info around but I haven't heard back in a week, if that keeps up I'll be checking with my credit union, they're usually pretty good about this sort of thing.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 03:48:34 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.