ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Home office improvement  (Read 1056 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Home office improvement
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2021, 12:33:01 PM »

The biggest improvement to my home office...

https://store.steelcase.com/seating/office-chairs/leap
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2021, 12:59:00 PM »

^^^ Assume you got the stool option?

Real nice, mine isn't quite that high end, but not far behind.  My real update to the home (COVID) office/study would be the headset.  Got a nice pair for the days long endless telecons.

Logitech Gaming Pro X wireless gaming headset - real nice, sound great & mic works great.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-audio/pro-x-wireless-headset.html

John L Nobile

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2021, 02:51:21 PM »

I just bought this little amp to start using my Yamaha bookshelf speakers with my new TV. I don't have much room so this little thing is perfect. Even has a remote.

https://www.amazon.ca/Dilvpoetry-Topping-MX3-Bluetooth-Headphome/dp/B075SYC4Z5

You can even setup the level from 1- 100 or in Db. Family seems to be confused the -6 is louder than -10.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2021, 06:19:18 PM »

^^^ Assume you got the stool option?

Real nice, mine isn't quite that high end, but not far behind.  My real update to the home (COVID) office/study would be the headset.  Got a nice pair for the days long endless telecons.

Logitech Gaming Pro X wireless gaming headset - real nice, sound great & mic works great.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-audio/pro-x-wireless-headset.html

Nope, got the chair - this for working at my typing desk instead of the mixing desk.

The "studio" side of my home office is set up for Zoom conferencing - pop up background, HD cameras, ATEM Mini Pro switcher, RaspPi running Playoutbee (Hyperdeck emulation), cheap lights.  The audio side is a Heil PR31BW, X32 Rack (with X-Touch controller) into the old Lenovo ThinkCentre USB.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2021, 10:11:07 PM »

Nope, got the chair - this for working at my typing desk instead of the mixing desk.

The "studio" side of my home office is set up for Zoom conferencing - pop up background, HD cameras, ATEM Mini Pro switcher, RaspPi running Playoutbee (Hyperdeck emulation), cheap lights.  The audio side is a Heil PR31BW, X32 Rack (with X-Touch controller) into the old Lenovo ThinkCentre USB.

Could you show your pop up background Tim?  I bought a green drape and the typical photography style stands and pipe and it just crapped up my office to an extent I can't take.  Looking for solutions.

How do you light your green screen.  I find uneven lighting impacts the ATEM more than OBS. 

I love sharing my desktop as a background with me narrating like a TV weather personality.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2021, 10:17:55 PM »

Could you show your pop up background Tim?  I bought a green drape and the typical photography style stands and pipe and it just crapped up my office to an extent I can't take.  Looking for solutions.

How do you light your green screen.  I find uneven lighting impacts the ATEM more than OBS. 

I love sharing my desktop as a background with me narrating like a TV weather personality.

The ATEMs don't require a green screen, just a solid color.  Removing wrinkles helps.  If you have a couple of cheap LEDs, put full green from each side on your green screen and it should work better.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2021, 10:40:00 PM »

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1393553-REG/studio_essentials_pb202_5_x_6_5_pop_up.html

My stands are cheap Amazon - "emart" brand IIRC.  My green screen is polyester; I've found Zoom to be fairly forgiving on lighting consistency.  I have a cheap garment steamer for wrinkles.

I use more luma key than chroma key... and right now my ATEM Mini's HDMI output is flaky.  Gotta call BMD.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2021, 10:50:29 PM »

The ATEMs don't require a green screen, just a solid color.  Removing wrinkles helps.  If you have a couple of cheap LEDs, put full green from each side on your green screen and it should work better.

Neither does OBS but green is high contrast.  The farther away the color is the easier the algorithm works.  Dark backgrounds pixelate like crazy.  I am sure that some other colors work great too.  I will try the green light.

For now though I really need something like a movie screen that I can pull down from the ceiling and retract when I have guests in my office.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2021, 10:53:39 PM »

The biggest improvement to my home office...

https://store.steelcase.com/seating/office-chairs/leap

I have a leap chair too, to me they are much more comfortable that the Herman Miller Aeron's that the yuppies like.  Now a Herman Miller Eames chair is my dream for my listening room at home.  Of course a 12k mid century modern chair is not exactly high on my priority list.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2021, 10:53:39 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.