ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harbor Freight Predator Inverter Generator - 9500W  (Read 10937 times)

Mal Brown

Re: Harbor Freight Predator Inverter Generator - 9500W
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2023, 12:59:40 AM »

"Gears turning at bed time"?  You are most welcome sir., always glad to help a brother out  Yeah the price is pretty good and it's a decent rig.  This type of gear fully qualifies as both GAS & TAS - Gear or Tool Acquisition Syndrome compatible.

One of the factors I looked at when selecting that model was the overall weight - it's a big boy - they had a floor model at a nearby Northern Tool store.

Do you think it's excessive that one would take his German Shepherd to the tool store shopping since he was a puppy and the staff all knew him - so when we walked in they automatically picked up a bag of beef jerky and hid it down random aisle's among the merchandise for him to search and locate, then consume?

Casey was really good at it.

We take our hounds to Home Depot and Coastl Farm & Ranch for socialization training.  My other, better half is way into scent training.  One hound is 1 leg away from Elite, the new little guy is just starting on Level 1.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2023, 01:51:38 PM »

We take our hounds to Home Depot and Coastl Farm & Ranch for socialization training.  My other, better half is way into scent training.  One hound is 1 leg away from Elite, the new little guy is just starting on Level 1.

Yes indeed Socialization is most important especially when working with formidable dogs.  Back "in the Day" the scent work I did was area searching for the bad guy - both air and ground scent.  Casey was the first time I played with Article Detection Scent Work and it was lots of fun.  Only used dog treats - hot dogs, jerky, milk bones, and such.  Both at home and out in the places I took him in our travels, he would search - got pretty good at it - actually real good.

In the early days I considered a working dog more or less as a tool.  It's much more than that, you gain access to their faculties - sight, hearing, scent, aggression - it's actually really awesome.  Directed searching is very powerful where handler can direct where the dog searches as is directed aggression.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2023, 01:51:38 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.