ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: B&C 14" coax for wedges ?  (Read 8264 times)

Mal Brown

Re: B&C 14" coax for wedges ?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2021, 12:30:20 PM »

Thanks Art. 
From that I think I can interpret that my Renkus Trap 40's are 40 only from the horn.  The front firing 15 is radiating more broadly as it is just doing what 15" cones do...

I've mixed on those boxes in splay array a long time and they seem to be almost seamless as I wander the field.  That is I don't hear the 15's interacting -which tells me I have a lot to learn...  big news there ;-)
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2021, 01:32:03 PM »

Thanks Art. 
From that I think I can interpret that my Renkus Trap 40's are 40 only from the horn.  The front firing 15 is radiating more broadly as it is just doing what 15" cones do...

I've mixed on those boxes in splay array a long time and they seem to be almost seamless as I wander the field.  That is I don't hear the 15's interacting -which tells me I have a lot to learn...  big news there ;-)
The side by side arc location of the 15" reduce horizontal dispersion at a frequency below the "beaming" any 15" will exhibit, as well as the "pattern flip" of the "too thin" 40 degree horn.
You could probably find polar charts for singles and multiples of your RH cabinets to get a visual idea of what you hear.

Art

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2021, 01:32:03 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.