ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOUDspeakers  (Read 6690 times)

John Schalk

Re: LOUDspeakers
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2021, 06:55:56 PM »

Someone in Michigan was selling four Fulcrum DX1565s for not very much money earlier this year.
I found them.  They're on FB Marketplace in Grand Haven, MI.  It's a complete rig with 4 - DX1565, 4 B&C TH18 custom built tapped horn subs, two amps and a Symetrix DSP for 10k.  It's been out there for a while, so it could be a zombie listing.  I have not tried to contact them myself.

MODS - I have no relationship to the seller.  Just a Fulcrum fan who keeps an eye out for deals while sipping his happy hour beer.

Isaac A Huff

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2021, 09:02:46 PM »

Riley's Deltamax solution is a good one if you can find it.   TX4 was really popular on the LAB in the 90s, pretty much a poor man's Deltamax.  Quality build, quality components, factory fly things.  Checks a lot of boxes, and also had an analog controller. Dave Lowum (where are you Dave) built/helped build a smallish regional company based on TX4s in the Chicago area. I last saw Dave in lower Wisconsin at that famous sausage joint right off the interstate in 1999-2000 I guess.  The sausage joint had a robust small venue attached.  2x TX4 per side, plenty loud, etc.  I imagine TX4 is still in use all over Canada.

I have used QRX-212 quite a bit, passive mode.  They're robust enough to use as side fills on larger stages than you will be fielding.  They're fine for FOH, normally when I was using them stacked on JBL 728s.  They have rigging points and the HF rotates, so you could fly them sideways for sight lines.  I imagine they're even better biamped.   If there are FIR presets for these (Dynacord), that should really make you grin.

I don't have any idea how to get in touch with Dave, but interestingly i bought a bunch of his TX4 inventory when the shop decided to buy more Nexo Alpha. We got MTL2 subs from him as well.  This turned out to be a great rig and served its purpose for many years. The venue using them eventually shut down and the whole rig went to storage. But, 2 of the TX4s are sitting in my basement right now doing stereo duty!  Dave was a great guy to deal with and had driverack presets for this rig that were really good.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2021, 09:02:46 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.