Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Creative Distortion

<< < (8/8)

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on May 24, 2021, 06:29:23 AM ---{...} with a DN9630 soundcard. {...}

--- End quote ---

Fascinating! I've always been a little wary of USB audio interfaces in a live sound context. I take it you've had no trouble with this setup?

-Russ

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on May 25, 2021, 10:25:04 AM ---Fascinating! I've always been a little wary of USB audio interfaces in a live sound context. I take it you've had no trouble with this setup?

-Russ

--- End quote ---

No, it's been rock solid so far.
Done a few multitrack sessions with this (on Pro series) and with the USB-card in my M32, no issues to report.
I use a MBP or a Lenovo X-250 deepening on the situation.
Have a DN9650 loaded with Dante if I need more channels.

Matthias McCready:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on May 25, 2021, 11:26:06 AM ---No, it's been rock solid so far.
Done a few multitrack sessions with this (on Pro series) and with the USB-card in my M32, no issues to report.
I use a MBP or a Lenovo X-250 deepening on the situation.
Have a DN9650 loaded with Dante if I need more channels.

--- End quote ---

Out of curiosity, what is the rough round trip latency (pre-plugs)?

There are some plugs outside of the Waves Ecosystem which I love  ;)

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Matthias McCready on May 26, 2021, 02:35:22 PM ---Out of curiosity, what is the rough round trip latency (pre-plugs)?

There are some plugs outside of the Waves Ecosystem which I love  ;)

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I havenít measured latency with these setups since I donít use them for channel insert.

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on May 26, 2021, 03:09:30 PM ---Sorry, I havenít measured latency with these setups since I donít use them for channel insert.

--- End quote ---

It would be highly device- and configuration-dependent, anyway. Part of the challenge of USB audio devices is the constant trade-off between latency and stability. Devices, drivers, and platforms all performer differently in this regard, so the minimum stable round-trip latency for an RME device (which are pretty uniformly excellent) plugged into an Intel-based MBP running a recent-ish (but not too recent) OSX version would be much lower than for a Behringer device plugged into an older ThinkPad running Windows 10 (ask me how I know).

-Russ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version