ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving and Use  (Read 3139 times)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: Moving and Use
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 06:47:39 AM »

I prefer wheel boards because not all casters are created equal.
Some of them stay silent, some of them rattle along with the music, I use wheel boards to get around this issue.

I think subs with wheels attached are easier to move, but I trade the extra hassle of a wheel board against less noise.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2021, 02:56:18 PM »

I saw where one person had stacked two subs and strapped them down to a four wheeled dolly.  Looked like they deployed and used them right on the dolly.   Any down side to this idea?
Mark,

Big downside is stability of the stack, especially if you are using pole-mounted tops above.

Castors can/will rotate inward, reducing the footprint by a large margin.
For truck packing and transport, it is generally preferable to have the casters swivel out no further than the dimensions of the cabinet to avoid hang-ups.

The QSC KW181 is only 23.4" wide, if typical 4" casters were deployed as above, the caster's point of contact with the deck if you were to toe them both out (extra work) would be about 19.5", while "pigeon-toed" in (like they always seem to end up) the distance between point of contact is only 14".

A 14" wide base would make a stacked pair with a pole mounted top like a domino ready to topple.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 03:23:02 PM by Art Welter »

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 08:01:13 AM »

Thanks Art!  That makes a lot of sense.  I also like the idea of the mats at Harbor Freight, I'll be picking them up for sure!  I appreciate all the expertise on this board!  For us weekend warriors, it really helps!

Mal Brown

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2021, 12:34:15 AM »

I also have 4 181's.  I strap them in a line on the trailer.  I have a piece of ply that lays across each pair and I put dsr-112 or K-12, 10 on top vertically. or depending on the pack, truss sections.

I can stack 2 181's but no way am I getting a 153 on the short pole without help.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2021, 12:34:15 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.