ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightweight active 12” subs. FBT Subline 112sa vs RCF 702asII or other?  (Read 3506 times)

Richard Penrose

Hi,

I’m interested in getting some lightweight active 12” subs and the FBT Subline 112sa and RCF702asII are top of my list under £800.
The RCF has a max spl of 129dB and the FBT goes to 133dB but I don’t know how this was measured.

Has anyone heard both of these subs?
If there anything else you could recommend around this price that weighs around 22kg or less?

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ

Hi,

I’m interested in getting some lightweight active 12” subs and the FBT Subline 112sa and RCF702asII are top of my list under £800.
The RCF has a max spl of 129dB and the FBT goes to 133dB but I don’t know how this was measured.

If there anything else you could recommend around this price that weighs around 22kg or less?

What drivers do they use?

Max SPL numbers are pretty much meaningless.

What do the frequency response graphs look like?  Sometimes you get more bass from the main speakers than a baby "subwoofer". 

Why a 12" driver?  Driver diameter doesn't equal performance level.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Richard Penrose

What drivers do they use?

Max SPL numbers are pretty much meaningless.

What do the frequency response graphs look like?  Sometimes you get more bass from the main speakers than a baby "subwoofer". 

Why a 12" driver?  Driver diameter doesn't equal performance level.

Hi,

I’m not sure what the models of the drivers are in these.

I specified a 12” because of size and weight. I’ve been using a pair of QSC KW181’s with a pair of Yamaha DXR15’s but I don’t really need a pa this size anymore as I’m mostly doing acoustic gigs.
I just use the DXR15’s by themselves these days and I’ve been able to put a little kick and bass through them. I’ve even run a fully miked kit through them on a few occasions and the DXR15’s did a surprisingly good job.

I was considering getting a small system like the FBT VN2000 or a pair of RCF HD10’s over the 702asII subs as I would expect this to outperform a single pair of DXR15’s whilst keeping the weight and size down?

Rob Bernstein

Hi,

I bought a pair of SUB 702-AS II last year to use with the wedding band I run sound for. Have been using SUB-905AS MKII and very happy with them, but in some venues they are overkill and we don't have the space for both of them. I've been very impressed with the 702's, and while they certainly don't thump like the 905's, they are so small and so light that I can overlook the lack of whack. Granted, I'm doing mostly weddings, and this isn't a concert. But for smaller rooms they are awesome. I'm running a pair of EAW RS123's on top and the rig can get fairly loud.

Mal Brown

Nice looking rig.   I personally would have my tops on tripods and use scrim for the wedding look.     Those tops look a bit large to be supported by such a small base.  I've done some high wind events where that would scare me... not to mention the occasional drunk-fest (um, enthusiastic drinking) wedding...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Rob Bernstein

Nice looking rig.   I personally would have my tops on tripods and use scrim for the wedding look.     Those tops look a bit large to be supported by such a small base.  I've done some high wind events where that would scare me... not to mention the occasional drunk-fest (um, enthusiastic drinking) wedding...
I understand the scrim comment, but I hate those things.
As long as the person paying me (band leader) is okay without them, I certainly am.
The tops are surprisingly light and the whole shebang is pretty stable. I do keep my eyes peeled for drunken Uncles and such and shoo them away as much as possible.
We are never outside, always in a tent or indoors. That's in the contract.

Richard Penrose

I bought a pair of SUB 702-AS II last year to use with the wedding band I run sound for. Have been using SUB-905AS MKII and very happy with them, but in some venues they are overkill and we don't have the space for both of them. I've been very impressed with the 702's, and while they certainly don't thump like the 905's, they are so small and so light that I can overlook the lack of whack. Granted, I'm doing mostly weddings, and this isn't a concert. But for smaller rooms they are awesome. I'm running a pair of EAW RS123's on top and the rig can get fairly loud.

Thanks for sharing this  :)

I noticed that RCF released a new 9-Series plus NX-9 series and have updated their D-Line series and am now wondering if RCF will also be updating their Sub series soon? It would make sense for them to update the Sub range with the improved amp modules dsp and drivers along with the new RCF logo. I'm going to wait to see if there will be a new improved 12" sub.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

It's a nice looking band, that's a key point that makes a great wedding band.  Moving that cover from blocking the uplight would have been nice. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Lightweight active 12” subs. FBT Subline 112sa vs RCF 702asII or other?
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 01:40:08 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.