Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

On-Stage DB2150 USB DI

<< < (2/5) > >>

TomBoisseau:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on May 15, 2021, 09:25:00 PM ---Put a sticker over the logo.  I doubt if anyone needing a USB DI is going to question the brand.

--- End quote ---

My colleges and co-workers certainly will!

Now... back to my question.  Does anyone here have any personal experience with the On-Stage DB2150 USB DI?

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: TomBoisseau on May 15, 2021, 08:23:30 PM ---I've heard good things about the Peavey USB-P.  Unfortunately, due to the "Peavey" name, I can't use the product.  It may not make any sense, but the optics are such I'd never live it down.

--- End quote ---

In all fairness in the world of audio electronics On Stage is not exactly the first brand name that most people think of.

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on May 15, 2021, 10:49:36 PM ---In all fairness in the world of audio electronics On Stage is not exactly the first brand name that most people think of.

--- End quote ---

Correct.  If a Radial DI fails (huge IF) - everyone will write it off as a crazy rare anomaly.  If an On Stage DI fails (small IF) - you'll have some serious explaining to do. 

If it were my money?  Radial and never look back.

Mike Pyle:
Whirlwind's pcUSB is a bit less than the Radial unit.

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Mike Pyle on May 16, 2021, 02:59:12 AM ---Whirlwind's pcUSB is a bit less than the Radial unit.

--- End quote ---

I was going to mention the Whirlwind as well if you want something with a name on it.

As for the Peavey's, I know of about half dozen in use ranging from a DJ, church's and a local radio station.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version