ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: On-Stage DB2150 USB DI  (Read 3369 times)

Matthias McCready

Re: On-Stage DB2150 USB DI
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 12:38:56 PM »

I'd like to get a few USB DI's.  I really like the Radial USB Pro DI, but I don't want to spend $230.  I then saw the On-Stage DB2150 USB DI and it looks like it would be okay.  Does anyone here have any personal experience with this unit?

Thanks,
Tom

While it may still be too expensive, you sure can get them a fair amount cheaper than $230 through a good dealer.

---

I am not saying that the Peavey one isn't great, but I will state I have used the Radial across multiple venues multiple times a week for the last several years, and they simply work. I have never used any other interface which was this reliable.  :)
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 02:16:58 PM »

In all fairness in the world of audio electronics On Stage is not exactly the first brand name that most people think of.

Yeah, if I was going to judge based on name alone I'd put the On Stage way below the Peavey.  I believe Mac is the one I first heard about the Peavey from and his endorsement is pretty gold plated.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2021, 02:32:43 PM »

I will also recommend the Peavey... real transformers, mono sum switch, permanently lifted grounds.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 02:40:12 PM »

due to the "Peavey" name, I can't use the product.

Really?  This is still "a thing?"

-The 80's just called and want their rider back!
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2021, 03:51:45 PM »

I've been using close to a dozen of the Peavey USB DIs for more than a decade on high end corporate and political productions for Fortune 500 companies and US presidents. No one has turned up any noses as yet.

I've heard good things about the Peavey USB-P.  Unfortunately, due to the "Peavey" name, I can't use the product.  It may not make any sense, but the optics are such I'd never live it down.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2021, 03:53:48 PM »

Really?  This is still "a thing?"

Back then, the anti-Peavey sentiment was due to non-experienced users and the focus on longevity over absolute sonic purity.

Now - I believe the sentiment is based on their competition with Behringer and inevitable cost-cutting to hit low price points. 

Two totally different reasons.  The first is unjustified, the second (to an extent) is. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2021, 05:05:27 PM »

I've heard good things about the Peavey USB-P.  Unfortunately, due to the "Peavey" name, I can't use the product.  It may not make any sense, but the optics are such I'd never live it down.

The problem isn't really with the Peavey name, it's with your "co-workers" lack of understanding of the world around them.

You can save money and get a fully transformer isolated USB to analog audio output device, or you can spend 5x the money on a Radial. The Radial is a great interface, so is the Peavey.

Mac

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2021, 02:41:04 PM »

Put a sticker over the logo.  I doubt if anyone needing a USB DI is going to question the brand.

^^^ This.

The Peavey logo is small, put your own P-Touch label over it.

As to "no Peavey, no Mackie, no Behringer, no Whatever"... one of the reasons is that when manufacturers found ways to make high-channel count audio mixers and otherwise lower the barrier to entry, many providers who could afford that level of gear did not have the chops to do a show that genuinely required a 40 channel mixer and a real PA.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2021, 03:54:19 PM »

In all fairness in the world of audio electronics On Stage is not exactly the first brand name that most people think of.
Yep, I'd think you'd catch more flack for an On Stage USB DI than the Peavey one, which just works. I owned one and didn't think twice about the brand name as it always worked.

richard_cooper

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2021, 05:11:05 PM »

Not used the On-Stage, but I've got the Peavey and the Radial USB-Pro (and an Audinate AVIO-USB different thing but sort of relevant). I actually prefer the Peavey over the Radial due to the lack of a volume control to be fiddled with. For my usage and ecosystem, I use the AVIO most often.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2021, 05:11:05 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.